V-max chicken

Duanne

Registered
Decided to go for a ride last night perfect night for letting my 2012 busa loose,about 10min into my ride Im at a set of lights and what pulls up beside me a nice shinny V-max not sure the year cause a could care a less...Oh I have Yoshimura exhaust and KN air filter just to let you know...So the light Goes Green I take off you know casual like,so the V-max Guy comes up beside me and decides to pour the Gas to his bike, im in second Gear by then sitting at 5thou so I decide to open the monster up and jump a bike length ahead of him and I sit there I want him to see what's written on the side of my bike and we all know what it says, and im waiting and waiting for him to make a move,cause I was all over him like **** stuck to a diaper,and do you think he would go, not a chance he stayed back,I think he realized that the Busa would smoke his ass......Man I love my bike it pulls harder than I train....

Don't let them genII vmax's full you! If your going to run them stock for stock avg rider the vmax will eat your busa up to about 95-100 mph but the ol busa will come on like a frieght train passing a vmax so fast it will almost blow the rider off the vmax.
I had a gen1 vmax stock with a kerker pipe and ran 1.53 60' 6.80's @103 compared to my busa running 6.70s @112

my brother has a gen1 vmax done with velocity stacks by ufo cycles in cleveland....but he hasnt had it running in years...lost intrest...kept telling me he would smoke me...but guess what...i ride ...he dont....meh...lol

Don't let them genII vmax's full you! If your going to run them stock for stock avg rider the vmax will eat your busa up to about 95-100 mph but the ol busa will come on like a frieght train passing a vmax so fast it will almost blow the rider off the vmax.
I had a gen1 vmax stock with a kerker pipe and ran 1.53 60' 6.80's @103 compared to my busa running 6.70s @112

+1. The new V-Max are potently fast off the line. I wouldn't be so sure about toasting it.

I really wouldn't mind having one just for the neck snap off the line and the passing power. Torque is a lot of fun and there's more opportunity to use it in everyday situations. Plus it's a cool looking bike. Wouldn't trade my Busa for one EVER!

I used to have an 87 Supra Turbo which I loved! Only problem with that car was you either drove it insanely fast or normal speed, there was no in between. You had to load the motor off the line with the brakes on to spool up the turbo then floor it and dump the clutch to get any kind of a good start. Smelled a lot of smoky clutch. There wasn't much in between because it had no torque.

Fortunately the Busa has both on tap at will.

my brother has a gen1 vmax done with velocity stacks by ufo cycles in cleveland....but he hasnt had it running in years...lost intrest...kept telling me he would smoke me...but guess what...i ride ...he dont....meh...lol

Jon Cornell of ufo cycles
Came up the vgas idea which is Kehlin FCR flat slide carbs with a custom intake..
When tuned properly is makes 120 rwhp. Which will NOT toast a properly running hayabusa. I wouldn't make the bet 0-100 mph
Yeah I am sure his vmax sounds good and mean and riding a vmax makes you feel like you are going much faster then you really are.

I love the Vmax but , Anyone that has one that wants to race can bring it on ! 1/8 , 1/4 , roll on whatever ! lol

Same goes for all those $@#! talkers with boss hoss's

i dont think a vmax can take a busa in the 1/4 at the gate or anything else. the bike is super heavy for one. i just dont think so. but ive been wrong before

i dont think a vmax can take a busa in the 1/4 at the gate or anything else. the bike is super heavy for one. i just dont think so. but ive been wrong before

Yes the vmax is a pig but the busa is no light weight either. The Vmax has better take off out of the hole due to many things, its a 1600 cc v4 which makes on godly low end torque also the center of gravity along with the chassis design. The problem with the Vmax is the tire spin under hard accleration to where the busa wheelies. Stock for stock the vmax is the light to light king. Both bikes are awesome in there own ways but by no means will you toast a vmax on a busa (0-100).
I believe they have a factory cut off at 143 so if you want to toast one do a mile race but not a stop light to stop light they will surprise you!
They suck in the turns period.

I owned a built 1st gen V Max it was fast for its time until I got my Gen 1 Busa... I had a choice between a 2 Gen V Max or a B King.. I bought the King it has a Busa heart, The B King will eat a new V Max....

Back