V&H headpipe and slipons what HP TQ improvement will I get

masterblaster

Registered
Will be putting the headers on the bike, already have the Slipons (cheap ones), will get a high flow air filter. Anything else I need to do to intake ? Will get a dyno tune using ECU editor by a highly recommended local shop (Blaise). Any guess what kind of gains I will get? Anything else I should do before tune (within reason)?

cannot think of anything else you need to do before the dyno. After you install the headers, check the oil lines in case they touch/rub the headers (thanks to Russell's thread about this) Sorry, cannot help you with power predictions but I am also interested because I am also running V&H headers (but with Yosh R-77 CF slip-ons and BMC race filter).

Call Paul tomorrow and ask him. Blais may have a BMC filter there.

I'd be willing to say you already picked up 3-5hp with the slip ons.
Adding the header? Hmmmm maybe 10 more? :dunno:
The real goal will be to have a nice clean power curve which they will do for you.

I'm curious to see what your baseline Hp figs are. Then I wanna see the after, of course.
Good news is there should be no apprehension on the patients part or her father as the surgeons come well recommended.
>>> "Blanca Busa" shows up on unofficial Suzuki day at Blais... - Blais Cycle <<< :laugh:

Make sure to tell them I recommended you. See if they give or do a little extra for you.
And there is a great sub shop right on the street out front of their complex :thumbsup:

I did tell the guy who answered the phone you sent me and that I had a busa, he yelled to Paul who was doin a dyno to get on the phone hehehe I really am more interested in the smooth curve on the tune than in a whole bunch more power on this bike, the extra power is just a good side effect of a good tune.

What day are you planning on going or do you know yet?
I can't think of a better reason for a ride. Come down meet and greet and eat a sub....Oooh that's another good reason :laugh:

Well this headpipe is on back order so as soon as I know I will let you know, I will prob swing by and get a baseline soon though. Maybe next Sat if I am in town.

Well this headpipe is on back order so as soon as I know I will let you know, I will prob swing by and get a baseline soon though. Maybe next Sat if I am in town.

none in the country, will be end of year of year before even going in to production again...

Just found out the head pipes will be back in stock early June, ordered with the CS One muffler, went by and talked with Paul and he said it should be good to go, not leaving much on the table. Blanca Busa you must have some rep with them. He did show me a turbo, got me thinking but nah, I better stop now.

You do not want the CS1 cans. They look and sound horrible!!!

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

:whistle:

ForumRunner_20120526_235818.png

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

ForumRunner_20120526_235818.png

Well I put about 600 miles on bike in the rain over the last few weeks, finally got around to cleaning the chain today. I decided since I will be doing a lot of chain cleaning here in fla I should change my mind and go with a single exhaust. I started my search with$ in mind, then power, with the info I gathered here and from Blaise, the Akrapovic race exhaust is a great performer, yeah 200 - 300 more than the Yoshi and even more than other brands I think this is the way to go. Found a full race CF system for $1067 shipped, so I will tag it today. On a side note I forgot how much of a PIA it is to clean chains, think I will stick to the Harleys in the rain from now on.

Blanca Busa you must have some rep with them.

Taken from their website,

"Blanca Busa" shows up on unofficial Suzuki day at Blais... - Blais Cycle

:laugh:

I was impressed enough with them to brag about them online, over and over and anywhere I could that would help them. In turn they help me and ones I refer to them. No kickbacks to me or anything just gratitude on my part for a job well done on theirs. There is nowhere I know well enough to drop my bike off and walk away for a few hours. I trust it will be done right by them.

Congrats on the Akro purchase. Now I'm even more curious to see before and after figs. Being its same place I had mine done I'm interested to see the diffs. I already know yours will be stronger than mine as mine was kinda weak comparably speaking when stock. Some of the newer 11-12 and 13 year models I've seen coming with 10-15 more hp than mine stock. Your gonna be real close to 200hp I bet :)

You know, I am thinking, I might just throw the stock missile launchers on and have them do a before base line run then change out exhaust/AC and do a full tune after with the Akra 2-1 and BMC filter. Ive done this before on Harleys with another tuner in Texas, the results were telling, was/am still happy with that bike. Paul is an Irishman, so I know he is always serious (hehe), was great conversation with them, they have been recommended to my by others in the past but I am not a fan of the PC parasite set up at the time (thsts all they used then). DL or ECU direct edit is more of what I am used to and they do that now. All in all I appreciate your thoughts/opinions (and the rest of the Org), and help learning this new bike Blanca Busa. I will talk to Paul again on Tuesday to see if he is up for this experiment.

Interesting and now even more curious :)

If I'm not mistaken you can control all 8 injectors with the flash and get a better tune.

Then again I think I remember seeing Frank from powerhouse post and say an ecu flash along with PcV was best combo?

Interested and even more curious :)

I need to get top speed limiter removed on mine and if yours comes out strong I may remove PcV, sell it and have them flash it.

Back