V&H 4 Into 2 Header Questions

The Tekken

Banned
Finally had it with the weight and heat of the catalytic converter, but hate the look of a single can on this bike (and anyway I already have R-77 slipons which I really like), so I think I will pull the trigger and finally invest in the Vance and Hines 4 into 2 header. I'd appreciate some advice from people with experience of this product:

(a) How are V&H to deal with directly, or should I buy it from a dealer?

(b) How easy is it to fit (I'm no professional, but I'm pretty handy and do almost all the work on my bikes myself)?

(c) I understand I will not have to have the bike professionally tuned after putting it on, but it will help smooth out the power curve if I do, is that right?

(d) Any worries removing the oil filter with this header in place?

Many thanks.

(A) We have several sponsors that will give you a better deal then any dealer or buying directly. PM some of the sponsors asking for price. Think they run just shy of $500 normally but pretty sure sponsors here can get close to $400 for the header shipped.

(B) Very good fit. No harder to install then any other exhaust and you do NOT need to relocate your oil filter which is a plus.

(C) Yes, bike will run perfectly fine without a tune; however, you may not feel a huge difference in performance until you get the tune.

(D) See previous common (B)

Hope this helps.

Check Indy SuperBikes - I just saw they have a 370 something price listed . I don't know anything more than that cause i was just cruzing but i'd get em on the phone to make sure it's header only - 4-2-2 and all that .

They have the best prices on earth for Bazzaz - late model CBR1000RR - still killing time:D

Check Indy SuperBikes - I just saw they have a 370 something price listed . I don't know anything more than that cause i was just cruzing but i'd get em on the phone to make sure it's header only - 4-2-2 and all that .

They have the best prices on earth for Bazzaz - late model CBR1000RR - still killing time:D

I appreciate the heads up. Cheers.

Back