Utah in a week (pic heavy)

Gpmo

Registered
This is something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. Luckily I had a couple of good friends to go with me. We headed out the door after work on Thursday, leaving town about 6:30, heading S on I25, then E on I70 up to Dillon, where we camped for the night. We got up and headed out the next morning, stopping off in town for coffee. Continuing E towards Moab by way of Glenwood Springs, passing through some absolutely beautiful country. In one section, the highway was split so that we were riding along about a hundred feet up along the canyon wall, with the lanes if incoming traffic down at the bottom hugging the river. We arrived in Moab friday evening and set up camp, then went to the store to grab some chicken to grill up, since our campsite included a grill. The next morning, we were able to eat breakfast in a small gazebo on the side of the Colorado river. Fresh pancakes, hash browns, sausage, eggs, OJ and coffee for 5 bucks. Yum. Once we were done eating, we went and traded the Kawasaki ER-6N for a modified Jeep Rubicon for the day, and took off to do some 4-wheeling. For those of you who may have been to Moab before, we headed through Hells Revenge, as well as a significant portion of Fins 'n' Things. We broke for lunch on a rock outcroppimg several hundred feet above the river. All in all, a fantastic day! That day was my Birthday, and I decided I would like some ribs, so we picked up a rack and a half of ribs, some baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and garlic bread. That and a couple beers made for a fantastic meal. Sunday morning we packed back up and headed up north to Salt Lake City to meet up with some old friends and their family. We set up our new camp in their back yard, got some dinner, and settled down on the deck to wind down for the evening. Monday morning, we lazed around for a while, then headed out to look at downtown Salt Lake and get some lunch. Unfirtunately, we'd lost track of the fact that it was a holiday and pretty much everything was closed. We eventually located an open location for our lunch, then decided to take a ride, as we had some time to burn. We headed N on I80, which is several miles of really fun sweepers, and of course incredible views. We blasted a long for a while, making good time, as traffic in that direction was pretty sparse. Once the road started to straighten out inti basic slab, we pulled off on a side road to get turned around. As we were doing it, we spotted another promising looking road, so we headed over to check it out. It turned out to be the road up to the park for the winter olympic games that were held here recently. We went up to check it out, git to see the skiers in training, going off a ramp and doing tricks before dropping into a pool at the bottom. We also took a look at the zip lines, alpine slide, and bobsled runs. We headed back to make another fun run down I80, but found the southbound traffic to be much heavier, so we settled in for a much more leisurely run, and enjoyed the scenery. We made it back in time to our Friends' house in time to greet them when they returned form a family reunion trip up to yellowstone. After hanging out and relaxing for two days its time to head out to home. From salt lake we go to vernal then Craig Co then to steamboat.

Will check in this evening but here are some pics. :)

4720c0ad-99cd-0f88.jpg

4720c0ad-99e6-c2cb.jpg

4720c0ad-99ff-e90c.jpg

4720c0ad-9a1f-0e5f.jpg

4720c0ad-9a3f-60f7.jpg

4720c0ad-9a6f-2444.jpg

4720c0ad-9a8f-0128.jpg

4720c0ad-9ab5-2d71.jpg

4720c0ad-9b0d-3287.jpg

4720c0ad-9b3b-4bdc.jpg

More pics:

Bobsled run at Olympic park-
4720c0ad-a058-b87c.jpg

Proof it really was the site of the olympics
4720c0ad-a0a1-6cf7.jpg

Camping out in our buddies back yard
4720c0ad-a0df-69d7.jpg

Deal kicks back for a quick nap at a stop light in Salt Lake
4720c0ad-a138-34f2.jpg

Pictures just don't do some of these roads justice
4720c0ad-a193-7d72.jpg

4720c0ad-a1e9-f128.jpg

4720c0ad-a2e9-8413.jpg

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

We should have about two more days of pics. Plus these are only off my camera, I'm fairly sure Deal and Tyson have a few hundred also lol.

Well we got off to a lazy and late start on weds. Then plan had been to head out early but well things like sleep happen. There was some shinanigans with tysons tent and it possibly falling down on him, not really sure how that happened. :p At around 12:30 with some good food in our bellies we headed on out for a 340 mile ride to Steamboat Springs Co. This ride took us from Salt Lake City to vernal, craig, and then Steamboat. The weather was great except for this storm that decided to follow us out of Utah. Every time we thought we were out of it there was another single lane constrruction zone. And one friendly highway patrolman flashed us, the three of us pulled off to the side of the road but he never showed up. Most likely a friendly reminder to keep the speed in check. Though it helped the storm catch up a bit. It took us a bit but soon there was a nice picnic table sitting next to a dinasour statue in Vernal that was calling our names. We ate some lunch and relaxed then headed off to craig colorado then to steamboat springs. Most of this ride is through the canyon and mountains. So the ride was amazing to say then least. The weather started to cool down in the early evening and a stop was required to don some heavier gear. About 9pm we made it into Steamboat Springs. Another cranky hour later we finaly found a place to eat. Full bellies we headed over to a hotel and sleep.

The morning was cool and foggy but with a continental breakfast under our belts we headed into town. I picked up a sticker and a patch along with Deal and Tyson. There was a nice 3 hour ride with about 90% of it in canyons. The weather was with us and there was a distinct lack of traffic heh. It was a fantastic ride from steamboat to fort collins the canyons were beautiful. There were a few stops to get us some pics but the ride was fairly smooth and we made it into Ft. Collins around 2:30 pm. It feels great to be home but i can't help be thinking about where i should be next and when i can squeeze it in.

Man did it feel good to sleep in my nice bed though. It was a fantastic trip with great company. Hope you all enjoyed our trip and heres some more pictures which i know is why you are really here.

4c787993-8d83-37b4.jpg

4c787993-8d9f-25a7.jpg

4c787993-8dc6-3701.jpg

4c787993-8ded-3664.jpg

4c787993-8e05-5fea.jpg

4c787993-8e25-f25b.jpg

4c787993-8e46-115d.jpg

4c787993-8e6a-0b58.jpg

4c787993-8ea4-fa47.jpg

4c787993-8ecf-a8de.jpg

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

4c787993-92ee-bcd2.jpg