USPS vs. UPS vs. FedEx: Who's cheapest?

When shipping myself I try to use USPS, have always found their service good, visiting the PO can be a little long but the people there tend to know what they are doing more so than visiting the UPS drop points. I try to support the USPS whenever possible.

USPS is easily the least expensive and actually deliver the UPS packages out where we are during the holidays. I try to use them when I can for a number of reasons but ease of use is certainly near the top of the list. Guess its all in where you are and where you are sending it. I know some folks up island from us that never get their USPS stuff delivered on time if ever but that seems to be a staffing issue with the center in their area.

I am in Miami and my last few packages from UPS have been delivered by USPS, heck the USPS should let UPS take care of their own logistics instead of helping UPS kick their own assess.

USPS is easily the least expensive and actually deliver the UPS packages out where we are during the holidays. I try to use them when I can for a number of reasons but ease of use is certainly near the top of the list. Guess its all in where you are and where you are sending it. I know some folks up island from us that never get their USPS stuff delivered on time if ever but that seems to be a staffing issue with the center in their area.

If it can fit in a usps flat rate box and ship in the USA it can weigh up to 70 pounds and cost the same amount no one touches usps in that aspect.. Oversize usps will kill you on the surcharge so fedex is next on the list for oversize price wise..

Post office wins my vote. The flat rate boxes are free! All you pay is the shipping and tracking # if you deem necessary and that's it. UPS is a rip-off from my experience with them. They charge you for the box, they charge you for the peanuts, then they charge you to ship it. No faster or safer than the USPS :whistle:

I love the flat rate boxes. However, I recently had USPS lose a package that was en route to me. First time it's ever happened thru any carrier. The claims process so far has been a failure as well.

confirmation is a must thru usps... less likely to be misplaced as it always has to be scanned.. I always double insure stuff and use confirmation as paypal will take funds right back and I won't be out product & funds...

Back