USPS, They care.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I ordered a rear axle, blocks and spacers for a friends 600 and they arrived today in top shape :laugh:

The envelope was pretty banged up so USPS but it in a bag with a "we're sorry we broke your stuff" note. The axle is fine, just thought the note was great.
Ps- I tore the bag and cut the envelope open, the rest was all my angry postman :rofl:

ForumRunner_20130411_164404.png

ForumRunner_20130411_164452.png

ForumRunner_20130411_164544.png

ForumRunner_20130411_164404.png

ForumRunner_20130411_164452.png

ForumRunner_20130411_164544.png

Where's the part that says, "Oh, and if we broke it, we bought it. Fill out the attached reimbursement form." ?

Maybe after all the jobs they have lost they figured it was time for a change. I developed a training aid for pool players back in the late 90's. I shipped 3 to a pool instructor in NY and they lost all 3. The tracking show all of them getting to the Post Office their but after that nothing. Of course I got paid for them but the instructor told me it cost me a lot of orders for he had 60 students. I tried to tell it was not my fault but it didn't matter. Needless to say I never used the USPS again and UPS only destroyed 1 :laugh: I am glad your idem was OK

Let me offer this advice to everyone who needs to ship anything anywhere. I speak from experience too, not only as a Postal employee, but as a bike enthusiest (sp?) who works on bikes and ships and receives hundreds of parts a year.

Packaging, tracking, and insurance! Package it as if a gorilla was going to handle it in his cage. Make sure you ask for tracking, and even signature confirmation of delivery, if that is important to you. Insure it! What is it worth to you? What is the replacement cost? Make sure you have a receipt so you can prove its value. The few dollars you spend for insurance are well worth it. I don't care if you use FedEx, UPS, or us, the USPS, you run a risk of your package getting damaged or lost. Think of all the packages being handled in a single day. Think of all the miles your package may have to travel. Protect your package (don't go there guys, LOL)! And of course, thank you for using the USPS, it's still the best bargin in the country.

P. :beerchug:

Postal may not like this one, but I do have a "stupid move USPS" story from years ago...

Moved to a new neighborhood, private gravel road, everyone down there asked the local P.O. if they'd offer up delivery to the house, you know, let us put up mailboxes at the end of each driveway. They said no, no biggie, we put all of our mailboxes at the end of the road like they wanted, got on with life. The arrival of packages meant we'd get a card and head to the P.O. for pick up; no biggie, we got used to it. Well, months later, I'd ordered some pretty pricey shirts for a drunken Buffett show, and came home one day to see the most colorful rainbow of fabric ripped to shreds all over my yard. I got out of the car thinking "That looks likes the gaudy shirts I ordered! How did they get here?!"

I immediately call the P.O. and I'm told "Oh well, sorry, but we're not responsible for packages left at the house..." :wtf: ??? The postmaster refused to acknowledge that they'd previously told us they would NOT deliver to the house, and then she said "We're trying to help patrons, so sometimes we put deliveries on your steps" :wtf: again...and she pretty much doesn't care, refuses to accept any responsibility for this at all.

I ended up having to contact the regional manager and explained everything that happened, from the history of us all asking for home delivery, being told no and then all of the sudden, they're doing it, stuff gets torn up by a neighbor's dog and they say too bad?? He apologized profusely and said "That never should have happened" and the USPS had to pay to replace the shirts. I could not believe the postmaster didn't care at all, and even went so far as to say they just did us a favor :rofl: I had to go to the P.O. and fill out a form stating they could not deliver to the house. BTW, we now have mailboxes at the end of every driveway :cookoo:

No offense Postal, but sometimes certain individuals can't see the forest for the trees :laugh:

Not trying to defend the PO but the idiot should have never put a steel axle in a paper envelope. Common sense tells you that it needs a box,the weight of the axle is to much for mere paper.

I have watched the UPS man literally throw boxes on my front porch from 15 feet away! He didnt know I was home. till I surprised him! lmao!

Postal may not like this one, but I do have a "stupid move USPS" story from years ago...

Moved to a new neighborhood, private gravel road, everyone down there asked the local P.O. if they'd offer up delivery to the house, you know, let us put up mailboxes at the end of each driveway. They said no, no biggie, we put all of our mailboxes at the end of the road like they wanted, got on with life. The arrival of packages meant we'd get a card and head to the P.O. for pick up; no biggie, we got used to it. Well, months later, I'd ordered some pretty pricey shirts for a drunken Buffett show, and came home one day to see the most colorful rainbow of fabric ripped to shreds all over my yard. I got out of the car thinking "That looks likes the gaudy shirts I ordered! How did they get here?!"

I immediately call the P.O. and I'm told "Oh well, sorry, but we're not responsible for packages left at the house..." :wtf: ??? The postmaster refused to acknowledge that they'd previously told us they would NOT deliver to the house, and then she said "We're trying to help patrons, so sometimes we put deliveries on your steps" :wtf: again...and she pretty much doesn't care, refuses to accept any responsibility for this at all.

I ended up having to contact the regional manager and explained everything that happened, from the history of us all asking for home delivery, being told no and then all of the sudden, they're doing it, stuff gets torn up by a neighbor's dog and they say too bad?? He apologized profusely and said "That never should have happened" and the USPS had to pay to replace the shirts. I could not believe the postmaster didn't care at all, and even went so far as to say they just did us a favor :rofl: I had to go to the P.O. and fill out a form stating they could not deliver to the house. BTW, we now have mailboxes at the end of every driveway :cookoo:

No offense Postal, but sometimes certain individuals can't see the forest for the trees :laugh:

That's what happens when you live out the woods with the hicks.... :whistle: Actually, I'm glad they came through for you and replaced the shirts, they didn't have to since they weren't INSURED..... :poke:

Back