Useing pitbull stands

speed750

Registered
I use a pitbull rear stand with the spools on the swingarm. I was wondering if anybody has ever run a bar thru the front axle to use the stand. If so, any draw backs?

(speed750 @ Mar. 12 2007,19:56) I use a pitbull rear stand with the spools on the swingarm. I was wondering if anybody has ever run a bar thru the front axle to use the stand. If so, any draw backs?
Why would you want to do it that way
rock.gif

Then how would you remove the front wheel
if you wanted to change the tire?

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 12 2007,22:18)
(speed750 @ Mar. 12 2007,19:56) I use a pitbull rear stand with the spools on the swingarm. I was wondering if anybody has ever run a bar thru the front axle to use the stand. If so, any draw backs?
Why would you want to do it that way
rock.gif

Then how would you remove the front wheel
if you wanted to change the tire?
iamwithstupid.gif

You can lift the front without the rear stand but it's a good way to tip your bike over.

I certainly wouldn't reccomend a rod. Break down and buy yourself a front stand. One tip over will be more expensive than the front stand. If you ever have intentions of removing the forks, go with the convertable model. I use this one and it's as handy as a shirt pocket.

I can't imagine just using a rear stand to CLEAN (I know, some of you guys don't understand that word
laugh.gif
) both the front and rear wheels. Let alone changing the tires, brake pads an all. It also makes cleaning the BUGS
bluegrab.gif
off the radiator alot easier  
biggrin.gif

So I guess what your saying is it wont be stable with just the front on a stand.? I'm just looking for a lazy way to clean the front rim.
SHOCKED.gif

Back