Used leather pricing?

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
So my buddy is getting out of drag racing and said he would sell me his leather 2 piece Joe rocket suit for $150. It has a couple scuffs but nothing bad and all zippers work. Not sure how old it is but is this a decent price?

Got any pics? Does it look like its from the 80's? All purple and pink?

It looks older design jacket is mostly white and a red streak through it. Pants are mostly white with black here and there. Can get pictures loaded tonight.

How big are you? I have a set of vanson leathers that are a little too big on me and they are just hangin up in the closet if you are interested. The jacket is around a size 46-48, and the pants waist is about a 36 I'm guessing. I would be willing to let it go for 375 tyd. There are no scuffs or tears either just a few years old.

hard to beat $150 for a 2-pc suit if all zippers/snaps work and only have minor scuffs (which have not compromised thee integrity of the suit). Not sure how you will test this but good if suit has no NO FUNKY odors (pits, crotch, etc.) ???

hard to beat $150 for a 2-pc suit if all zippers/snaps work and only have minor scuffs (which have not compromised thee integrity of the suit). Not sure how you will test this but good if suit has no NO FUNKY odors (pits, crotch, etc.) ???

Well that's what I was thinking I need better gear then what I have. I really want a one piece but can't afford $500 right now.

Well that's what I was thinking I need better gear then what I have. I really want a one piece but can't afford $500 right now.

You can put together a good 2-pc suit for around $400 (maybe less). I am partial to a 2-pc since it is much easier to get in/out of plus you can remove the jacket only if/when you stop for a break (gas/pee, lunch, etc.).

If you're set on a 1-pc (and happen to fit into a sz 42 and like red/black/white), then can't go wrong with this for $350: TEKNIC Chicane One Piece Suit Red from SportbikeTrackGear.com

teknic_chicane_1pc_red_400.jpg

Don't know much about gear besides helmets. Is that a good company? Not looking for the best as I can't afford the best but don't want it falling apart after a year

Don't know much about gear besides helmets. Is that a good company? Not looking for the best as I can't afford the best but don't want it falling apart after a year

TEKNIC is a good entry level brand that has been around for a long while now...a testament to the quality of their products (boots, gloves, jackets, pants, suits).

I have a Teknic 2 pc suit, they are decent for the price.
I would buy that used suit if you have the money, it's better than no suit, and it will keep you covered until you can afford a new one. You will probably be able to sell it to someone else for what you paid for it when you upgrade.

Try to find something with 360 waist/pants zipper.New rules for NHRA licenses and tracks gonna be heavily enforced..

The zipper from the jacket to the pants is all the way around. I haven't been to the track yet but want to a couple times this summer since I just bought a welded hub and going to put a new clutch sprockets and chain on soon.

Back