Used Bikes?

chad20062006

Registered
hello everyone its been a while since i last posted but i just wanted to ask... is it smart to buy a used bike opposed to a new one?? i was just thinking that a bike like the busa would of had the heck ran out of it even in its first 3k miles. or am i just being to simple minded? thoughts plz

it depends on who you buy it from. i'd feel a lot better getting it from an older guy, say mid 40's to 50's than i would from a 20-30 year old. also i'd try to one in stock condition. you can run it pretty hard in stock form and not damage anything but clutches and rear tires as opposed to buying one thats had gear changes, lowered, piped, and NOS which you would know to have been drivin hard. all in all you just need to get to know the person you are buying it from to be safe about it.

I never really hesitate to buy used from dealers because you can get the extended warranties on them.

Bought mine used with the extended two year warranty on it. 18 months later, the starter motor goes out and I got it replaced for nearly free.

Nice.

--Wag--

I agree with the first reply. I'm 45 and basically I use the touring part more than the sports part. Cruising around the city mainly keeping up with traffic on the highway. Every now and then pushing it to go around a vehicle. But if possible deal with someone who has all the maintanence records. I recently seen a 20-25 yr old burning rubber, dirt and gravel on his in a parking lot.
guns.gif

By the way, I bought brand new with a 3 yr warranty 06 LE.

I have always been a fan of buying used. I don't like taking the depreciation hit. And normally, a used one will have some of the simple mods already done such as a tank protector, grips, a pipe or pipes, etc. Figure that they sell for $11,000.00 new and you can get a year old one for $9,000.00 and this is normally with maybe a couple grand worth of stuff on it. That is a $4,000.00 swing! These bikes are pretty tough and tearing one up (without dropping it) is not easy. Not saying there aren't some bad used ones out there, as I am sure that there are but, money talks in my book.

Every bike I've owned was used.

Have a mechanic check it out and make sure its not stolen.

If you have the money to buy new do it. If you need to save some money look for a used one. If you are skeptical about a bike dont buy it. If you buy from an idivivdual have a shop check it out for you. It would be alot chaeper than buying a damaged bike. Watch on this site...there are alot of good people selling their bikes on this site and if they are long time members most likely would not run you astray. Good luck shopping.

well i'm not looking for a drag bike or a bike that has been to the track every weekend. i want something to ride about 120 miles a day... and still have good gas mileage lol ... i'm not really into the raceing sene with bikes nor do i want to be. so i would like to find one that is mostly stock and hasn't been raced.

I just paid 9600 for a new busa 660.00 for 5 year warranty it is hard to find a good used busa for less than 8500 so i would say go new and just worry about how you ride not how it was rode in past here is a pic of my new busa p.s good luck whatever way you buy have fun
busaday2002.jpg
un

(chad20062006 @ Sep. 23 2006,16:49) well i'm not looking for a drag bike or a bike that has been to the track every weekend. i want something to ride about 120 miles a day... and still have good gas mileage lol ... i'm not really into the raceing sene with bikes nor do i want to be. so i would like to find one that is mostly stock and hasn't been raced.
But remember.... this is a Hayabusa. If you buy a used one, it will have been ridden fast at some point. If you buy new... you will ride it fast at some point. If you just wanted a simple sportbike to "cruise" I don't think you'd be getting a Busa. At least if you buy new you'll know the complete history of the bike. That's important.

i looked for a used one, but i could not find what i was looking for, or they were sold real quick before i could get to it, i found a deal on a new 06le so i went that route, but i wanted to go used, granted everone speeds on them, some wheelie , but the bike is tough, it can take alot and is built for it.

Back