Used 2002 Busa

PsychoZ

Registered
ok dig this, I can not find a new busa so I am looking at used, I have found a 2002 with 2300 miles on it, the owner owns alot of bikes and takes very good care of his stuff. my question is this, are there any problems with the 2002, or is it a good bike. the price is $8400 it has the RTE and a Lamar lip. give me some feedback, what do you all think

PsychoZ I have a 02 that had around the same amount of miles as yours, I spent $7500; I was told I got a sweet deal. Will he negotiate on the price? Good Luck.

I am going to find out on Wednesday if he will negotiate, I am hoping so, money talks, so we will see. Have you had the starter problem I have been reading about?

Watch out for a clunky 2nd gear too. The price sounds fair, maybe even a little high. Since summer is 1/2 gone, I would think the seller could be a little motivated.

no problems with my '02. Not a great deal for the price, but he's not grossly overcharging either.

I bought my 02 about 2 months ago with 3800 miles on it. It is in perfect shape and I have not had any problems with it so far and I drag race it every weekend. I paid $6800 for mine so I think that $8500 is a little high. I would offer him $7500 cash and walk away if he won't take it.

7500 MAX. However, I would go new and pay a little more. There are plenty of '04 busas that are out there!

BTW a local dealer near me has an '02 with 13k miles. A few mods (RTE, ZG screen). The asking price is 8600 (to give u an idea of what FULL retail is). Personally I can't see paying this when I can pay ~1k more and have a brand new one.

couple things to remeber, I am in California so our bkes cost more because of the emissions, a new bike out the door here costs over 11,700, so it is a little more for a new bike, also trying to find a new bike in California is near impossible, I know of one shop with an 03 and he is not willing to deal, he offered it to me at 11,700. I am paying with cash and they offer no deals. I'm gonna call the guy this morning and offer him 7,800 hopefully he will take it, if not I do not know what I am going to do, and trust me I have looked as far away is over 450 miles.

At that price, it would have to be full retail (with CA emissions) + dealer pre and setup. If this is their firm price on an '03, they are nuts. Then again I don't know the supply/demand market in CA. In boston, I picked up an '04 new for 10k out the door last week-- a deal which I could of got it for less (if I felt like haggling more).

How bout some guys from CA chime in-- where did u buy and how much?

good luck bro
-snake

I called the guy with the 2002 and the lowest he will go is 8000, I am going to look at today after work, it has only 2300 miles so that is good

well I have a cashiers check in my hand for 8 grand, I will pick up the bike either tonight or tomorrow, it all depends on what time the seller gets off work. it has 2300 miles, sweet Hayabusa grips, chrome bar ends, risers which are real nice, it even has the TRE unit on it and a front whield the goes on top of the stock shield. so as you can understand, I'm as gitty as a little school girl, I can not wait to ride my new busa.

Congrads! Not a bad deal. Snake I payed $11,025 for a new 2003 in the same area that Psycho is looking. Don't know of a dealership that has one now. Think we are tapped out untill the 05's come in so there is not much room to hagle.

I pick her up tonight after work, I am so excited, gonna head to Lodi tomorrow to hang with my cousin for the weekend, but I might have to stop off at Centerfolds along the way and see if I can get some eye candy to pose on the bike with me. I'll post some pics on Monday. If anyone has any words of advice, bring them on.

PsychoZ, I bought a brand new 04 Red LE in Auburn CA for 10,387. GoodTimes in Sacramento would sell me a new 04 (my choice of colors) for 10,495 and deliver it to Reno for 150 more. Not sure how far you are from Sacramento but they'res PLENTY of new 04's to be had....just make some calls
tounge.gif

I live less than 20 miles from Sacramento. Good Times is full of cr*p, they have 1 '03 LE on the floor, I went in with cash in hand and they offered it to me for 11,700, and they are the only one with a new Busa in Sacramento. How long ago did you get your Busa, I am guessing about 3 months ago, that is when you could find one, now they are all gone. doesn't matter now anyways, I bought the used 2002 with 2400 miles and I am happy, and I saved about 4 grand, so now I have a new Busa in the garage and a new 61" Samsung DLP tv in the front room, alot better then buying new.

Back