Urgent ****** must see video ******tire safety, good info.

arey

Go Giants
Donating Member
Registered
URGENT ****** MUST SEE VIDEO ******TIRE SAFETY, GOOD INFO.

Dont know if this has been posted before.

This was reported on ABC in late July. In case you didn't see or hear about it click on the link
ABC News

No defense for the tire maufacturer from me on this.... But they don't know what the distibutors have in their warehouse as far as age of tires and I doubt that they treat them as milk and rotate the stock to get older tires out as they bring in more. Yes they should be checked before leaving the warehouse.. Unfortunately I see this as a way for people to blame someoone, just like when Firestone was blamed for people loosing control of their SUV's after a blowout. These things happen. I for one have never had a blowout on a vehical, only on a trailer and I know why they were blowing, all because someone didn't want to put the correct tire on a trailer and wanted to run a radial on a dual axled gooseneck rig weighing over 10,000lbs and when you took tight turns it would start seperating the tread and cause the same thing happen they are talking about... Someone should be blamed and a lot of the time it should be the consumer for asking for things that they shouldn't be doing and the retailer for just looking at the sale.. Playing dumb shouldn't allow you to blame someone else.

Sorry about the short rant....JMHO

I worked for Firestone several years in a service center as a Service Manager. We were never told about the hazard of aged tires, and we were never even told how to read the DOT number.
Good information, I know I'll be looking at the mfg date now when I get new tires.

It was new to me also thanks for the repost, I got into in argument with buddys wife last month she went to the store an bought 4 new tires for her car and when I looked at them they all had signs of dry rot cracks along the sidewall, she looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't know why a brand new tire would have signs of cracks, now I know :laugh:

Back