URGENT help needed

gnome

Registered
Morning from the UK. PLEASE if someone has there speedo / tacho pod unplugged could you take a close up photo of the plug, or let me know the order / colour of the wires i.e. looking at the plug from the clip side - left to right = red, black+yellow etc etc.

They cheeky bit - if someone can do this today and has a paypal account I will transfer £20 to your account (approx $40) I REALLY am desperate. Thanks in advance

.GNOME.

<!--EDIT|gnome
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105879207 -->

Just got back in from taking the bike apart and here are the results off of the 04.
Since the plug, whenever plugged in is Vertical, I will list it that way. Labeling Vertical; Top to bottom.

Left side facing bike                  Right Side facing bike
Black with white line                  Green
Red w/ blue                              Black
Black w/ green                          Blue w/ Silver
Black w/ red                             Orange w/ green
Pink                                         Yellow
Empty                                      Green w/ Yellow
Yellow w/ blue                           Orange w/ green
Green w/ black                           Black w/ white

100_0551.JPG

What a nightmare job - getting the busa clocks to work on gsx1400. . .

All done fitted and working (except for the temp gauge - the 14 is air cooled)

One last favour / question if I may. . . . PLEASE how do you reset trip 1 & 2, thanks in advance

.GNOME.

PS: will sort out photos soon

Press the button to alternate from odometer to trip1 to trip1mpg to trip2 to trip2mpg. To reset either trip1 or trip2, press and hold the button for a couple seconds while on the trip1 or trip2 display.

Thank you sir, it's a different set up to the 14. I will give it a go in the morning. Thanks again and I will post up tomorrow when I get home (short 300 mile trip home in the freezing rain - cant wait lol)

.GNOME.

Sorted eventually, to anyone doing a loom swap BEWARE - the colours on the speedo plug are NOT the same on the 04 model as the previous years, found this out with Nath's wiring above, had to source an earlier plug layout to rectify 2 missplaced wires. But the good news is it works a treat. So thanks again to those that helped, photo below - I know it's not a Busa but it's mine and I love it.

Virtual beers all round

.GNOME.

fitted___busa_board_size.jpg

It would be cool if you could use the temp gauge to read your oil temp. I guess if you could find a sending unit that sends the correct voltage it could work... Looks great!!
cool.gif

It would be cool if you could use the temp gauge to read your oil temp. I guess if you could find a sending unit that sends the correct voltage it could work... Looks great!!  
cool.gif
Did think of that, the problem is the wiring for the temp sender goes via the ECU, it's not a seperate unit and I'm no where near clever enough to start playing with that little box of electrical magic. I know it's only full of smoke cos if you mess up it lets out little puffs of the stuff
laugh.gif

.GNOME.

Back