Upset or Realistic

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Well you might have read my thread about possibly trading Misty for a Boat.

I had a guy come back with an offer for Misty of $7,000

Should I be upset or am I emotionally attached to her and think she is worth more than she is.

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa
Less than 12,000 miles
Chrome 240 Rear Wheel kit
Extended 6 1/2"
Chrome matching front wheel
240 Tire
Power commander
Chrome Exhaust system

CHROME AFTERMARKET : Rear sets / Passenger pegs / Kickstand / Clutch
and Brake levers / Rear Brake pedal / Clutch and Brake resevoir covers
/ Mirrors / Brake Bar / Clutch Cover / Stator Cover / Spiked frame
plugs / Spiked Axle covers / Gas Cap / Faring Bolts / Grab Bar / Gear
shifter

Painted to match windscreen
Painted to match aftermarket undertail
Custom made seat.

==========================================================

000000.jpg

you know all too well how much you have spent on mods for the bike....need to find that perfect buyer willing to pay extra for those mods because he/she likes and wants those mods.

Last edited:
Now is not the best time to be the seller...rather the buyer. If you are up in the air with selling it...ask for a high price and then when somebody agrees you will be ok with it...as for 7K it seems like your bike has many custom parts that would add up to more.

Even If you take the 240 kit I believe it would still be low. I know you don't get your money back if you let the mods stay on the bike. Maybe if the offer was at least 8k or 8.5k would be a little more reasonable. I would wait until it's closer to the spring and you will be able to get more out of her if that is what you decide to do.

The economy isn't helping with all the lowballers basically trying to steal stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect any additional $$$ for the mods or parts you've put on the bike. The only way you'd get anything for them is to find the perfect buyer who wanted everything you did to the bike. That would probably mean waiting around for a long time and advertising the hell out of it. I'm actually surprised you were offered that much.

Getting rid of it for an boat is not a smart idea and as for the offer tell him go somewhere else these go for more then that. In that condition. Man up and just ride it and enjoy it.:laugh:

no one is going to offer market value for anything. You should expect to be low balled. In today's economy, there are not a lot of cash buyers for things. Anyone who is buying, wants a GOOD deal.

I wouldn't be upset with the offer, but I also wouldn't expect a sale with a half way decent price to take place unless you have a lot of time on your hands and magically come across a buyer who really wants your bike.

Pull the 240 kit and front wheel off and its a fair deal.

The 240 is worth $2k easy, we both know that:rulez:

Dont think about the boat, think about what is this bike worth and what should it be fairly sold for:thumbsup:

I can sympathize with you. I sold my 2006 LE with 5K miles in December 2008 for $9K. It had about $10K just in mods. Read the sig below to see what was on it.

You are always going to get an offer less than what you want, so you will need to be patient and wait till someone comes along with the amount you are willing to take, if that is what you REALLY WANT,.... good luck mate:thumbsup:

i pd 5500 for my 07 with 4000 miles as she sits now....i say part her out and sell as close to stock as possible....dibs on the 240, wheels, and exhaust :poke:

Always ask for more than you want , first rule.
Have you thought about putting it on consignment at your local dealer ? Maybe get more visibility that way ?

Well Im not going to try and sell her, I just thought if I could trade for a nice boat I would, But it would appear that aint gonna happen. They want more for the boats than I think there worth and I cant let Misty go for that cheap.

No one tell Misty I was thinking about this.

What? I haven't been around so your thought of selling Misty is new to me.
And for a boat lol come on Michael you don't mean it. you put alot of work into that
machine and should keep it, and with all the custom work.....no buyer
will respect that they will just shoot ya low ball offers hoping to get a killer deal.

Well Im not going to try and sell her, I just thought if I could trade for a nice boat I would, But it would appear that aint gonna happen. They want more for the boats than I think there worth and I cant let Misty go for that cheap.

No one tell Misty I was thinking about this.

oh she knows, she knows....insert evil grin here.....

Sell me your 240 kit and other chrome parts such as the rear pegs and front pegs. It will be January at the earliest that I could do it.

Last edited:
It is a buyers market more now than it has been in many years. You have done a lot to the bike, but the buyer is probably going of the estimated value from a website.

If I were you, I would not let it go for $7K, and it seems that is the way you are leaning as well. Enjoy the ride man, you clearly love the bike.

Back