UPS brought my Frank Thomas 2pc Leathers

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Well, UPS arrived today, apparently they seen box 1 of 2 and wanted to deliver both at the same time....either way, due today and delivered today. Happy. Of course I pulled them out, test fit, and let me tell ya, they fit like I wanted them too. I'm amazed, after reading about all the size issues from each manufacturer, some running large, others small, I heard FT's were on spot with sizing. I ordered 34 pants, like I wear my jeans and they fit, very comfortable. I have room in b/w so no splitting the jewels, and snug around the waist to prevent riding up and chaffing. Length was excellent, all the way down and the zippered ankle keeps it to the form. The jacket I normally wear 41, so went 42 and fits like it should as well, without being total custom cut that is. I normally run into issues with my "monkey arms" as the wife calls them, guess they are longer than most at 5'9". With the liner in (which is vest style, not sleeved...good news there) its snugger than I'd like but I know being cow it will break-in more after some miles are on it. Waist area is good as well. I wouldn't consider myself as having a big belly, gut, extra insulation or stored energy, so the jacket curves right along my torso.
Zipped together the fit is still comfy, roomy enough to manuever on the bike, test slid off each side. Of course its still needing that break-in, but it'll work itself out just fine.
Overall, I am very impressed with the whole deal. Price wise I couldn't touch them...I test fit some Alpinestar, AGV and even a MotoGP Kangaroo compression suit, but their cut, either sleeve/torso or crotch were not fitting me nicely. The MotoGP gave me moose knuckle in the riding postion and forget standing up, when I tried the next size up, still tight in the crotch, but loosened up too much on the waist, legs and neck area. So, for $330 I think I found the right suit to learn and practice more of my body position safely.
Enough rambling...and will update this after the first ride, which will most likely be tomorrow night, or this w/e (I have my FAA Ground School Final Exams this week, test 3 tomorrow, final test Wed, and Certificate Exam Thursday, so I'm burning brain cells faster than I can type or anything else).

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

And in case anyone wants to know why Green....(no I dont own a Kawi). I am painting the bike black and Glen from Thunder Composites made me a set of "Green Lantern" Edition Kanji's and decals. I also powder coated the billet triple top clamp to match. So the green was available in my size, other colors weren't) so couldn't pass it up.

Charlie

Hey Charlie, the new leathers are looking good. Looks like they fit you real well. Anyhow, glad you finally got them.

(xzvs @ Nov. 27 2006,17:56) cross between minnie pearl (tags on) and the green lantern
nice lookin duds dude
Man I was so excited to finally have them I forgot the tags and my smart aleck wife is steadily snapping away giggling. She knew as soon as the pics were done I'd download and post them.. I caught the tags after a minute of her laughing though...she's such a sweetart. hahah minnie pearl, havent seen or heard that in a long arse time.

Thats pretty good gear, I had their one piece for track days. Frank Thomas, though not very well known in the US, makes some neat stuff at a pretty low price.

looks good bro. cant wait to see the bike finished
super.gif

nice set-up
beerchug.gif
let us know if they end up wearing as good as they look like they will

Way cool! Do you have a link to their web site or their phone number?

--Wag--

Wag...this set came from Cyclegear in the Clearance/Sales...only have a few sizes of the different colors left. Frank Thomas Strike 2pc. They do have a 1pc and another 2pc..neway: http://www.cyclegear.com/

Still trying to find the FT Knee pucks. Seen the emblems on the Daniese are very close to the FT's, so might get them.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I appreciate it. Jacket feels very good, tad bit snug with the vest liner in, but sure once its wore a while it will be like a second skin. Wore the pants til bedtime last night, practiced sliding around the Busa's saddle, and a chair etc..

Back