Upper removal??

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
What all is involved in removing the upper(nose) faring? Its gonna have to be replaced if i am gonna be picky, and at least to replace the turn signal.
And does anyone have any rough ideas how much to paint a replacement? Its an 06 "red/black" so they're hard to come by on ebay or classifieds.

You have to remove the inner dash panels.  The the mirrors and wind screen and the black plastic piece that is right above the front fender.  The nose itself mounts into two rubber grommets right behind the gauge panel.  It just unplugs electrically.  That is about it, if memory serves.  

BTW, I will be mailing your marble tomorrow.

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152047063 -->

oh, thanks man. Yesterday was a great damn day till last night when that #### happened :-( I am just tryin to keep reminding myself it could be much worse. However, once a vehicle you love is damaged its never the same, its always "tainted" ya know what i mean brother?

Yes, I do. A nice lady pulled out in front of my cobra in December of 2003. I bought it in August of 2003. It just did minor damage but I felt differently about the car so when another nice lady totaled it in July of 2004, I wasn't as heartbroken as I would have been.

BTW, it was a black 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe (1 of 381 made). After the mods it had 475whp/512wtq and ran sub 12sec quarters. With all the suspension work, I could keep up with the C5 vettes no prob. Oh yeah, it was totaled 2 weeks after I got the title in the mail.

So yep, I know exactly what you mean.

Don

mad.gif

oh, thanks man. Yesterday was a great damn day till last night when that #### happened :-( I am just tryin to keep reminding myself it could be much worse. However, once a vehicle you love is damaged its never the same, its always "tainted" ya know what i mean brother?
I know I have said this before so I hope I don't offend but..it's small shid compared to what might or could of happened.

You'll get your ride fixed up. She (busa) is counting on it. Sorry to hear though.

hogger...
thumbs-up.gif

i know, she's in actually pretty good shape. I pm'd a few guys that had some signals for sale so hopefully i'll hear somethin from them and I can deal with the plastic "scuffs/burns" around the signal area, other stuff with come off with a clay bar and a buff

You have to remove the inner dash panels.  The the mirrors and wind screen and the black plastic piece that is right above the front fender.  The nose itself mounts into two rubber grommets right behind the gauge panel.  It just unplugs electrically.  That is about it, if memory serves.  

Don

Hey thanks. Was going to post a how to post on that front fairing. Not to difficult it appears.

hogger...

i know, she's in actually pretty good shape. I pm'd a few guys that had some signals for sale so hopefully i'll hear somethin from them and I can deal with the plastic "scuffs/burns" around the signal area, other stuff with come off with a clay bar and a buff
which color lens? I'll have some if you are not in a big hurry.

hogger...

Don
and the six (6) bolts on the side fairing. (3 per side)

hogger...

BTW, it was a black 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe (1 of 381 made).  After the mods it had 475whp/512wtq and ran sub 12sec quarters.  With all the suspension work, I could keep up with the C5 vettes no prob.  Oh yeah, it was totaled 2 weeks after I got the title in the mail.  
I would have strangled her ...................o.k. , maybe not . But , I would've wanted to ! Love Cobra's !

I have a friend who is fairly wealthy, buys alot of new cars, porsches, italian jobs, vettes, you get the point, anyways, he will take a hammer and hit them on the back lower quarter panel immediately after buying them.... he says that way if someone plows him or door dings him, he got to it first... eclectic?
rock.gif
??? absolutley, but he says he does not baby them after that and actually drives them the way they are made to be driven..... so rock on dude and enjoy your bike... the ding won't interupt it performance...

Back