Upper Meter Panel

Nick6153

Registered
image.jpg
Hello all,

Another weird question: what does the top corner of the upper meter panel hook to?

I'm putting my bike back together and it doesn't seem there's anything behind the top corner of the panel for the push-pin to connect to....am I missing something here?

View attachment 395035 Hello all,

Another weird question: what does the top corner of the upper meter panel hook to?

I'm putting my bike back together and it doesn't seem there's anything behind the top corner of the panel for the push-pin to connect to....am I missing something here?

That gap is is for your windscreen. When you put it back on the gap will be gone,trust me I thought the same thing as you.

I would agree, buuuut, my windscreen is on in that pic....it's a light smoked one. I can live with that small gap, just curious if I was missing something. Seems like the push-pin should connect to something. If not, I can live with it.

Thanks for the reply, Busamax!

It seem like once you take the gen2 fairs off something is always off when you put it back together.

Nick, is that upper meter panel an aftermarket carbon piece? or a stock piece that was hydro-carboned? if its an aftermarket piece that's your problem. I changed a few body parts on my 2011 and had issues with fitment, had to redrill holes that were to small and grind areas where there was extra material. One way to see if its the panel is to put the stock one on and see if you still have the gap, if that's the issue tell the vendor to send you another panel because that one was molded incorrectly.

Back