Upgrading to an 09 What is my 04 worth?? HELP

alglag412

Registered
hI EVERYONE ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE i POSTED UP... i AM VERY BUSY WITH 6MOS OLD TWINS AND OUR TWO OLDER GIRLS, WORK ECT. i AM GOING TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AND SELL OR TRADE MY 04 LE I HAVE POSTED PICS B4 AND CANNOT POST NOW DUE TO CAMERA ISSUES ANYWAY IT HAS 8,200 MILES ACK FULL TITANIUM 4-2-1 EXAUST, K&N FILTERS POWER COMMANDERIII NEW M3S AND IS IMMACULATE I WAS OFFERED 6,300 AT THE STEALER BUT FEEL LIKE IT IS WORTH MORE SO I AM REACHING OUT TO MY BUSA FAMILY FOR A GENERAL IDEA OF WHAT TO EXPECT TO SELL MY BABY FOR. THANKS A MILLION

I wouldn't think that $6300 is a bad offer for trade in for a 2004. I had thought about trading my 07 in and was offered less. They took another on a stock 07 with 3k miles and gave $7k at my local dealer. With the economy the way it is now, I'd think you would be hard pressed to find a buyer for that price if you are trying to unload it any time soon. But, heh just my .02...

I just paid $6000 for my 2004 with 3315 miles on it with similar mods, immaculate shape, full cover, front and rear pit bull stands, and all original parts. $6300 in this economy seems reasonable.

I gotta say the 09 Busa is worth it. Just got my Busa on tuesday and let me tell u this bike has bull nuts. I love it. This is my first bike and it easy to ride if you take your time. Too much throttle and there she goes lol. Goodluck on your choice.:thumbsup:

you realize your paying $5,000 for about 20 extra horses in a different
wrapper.
For that kinda money you can slap on a turbo and some brembo and spank anything out there
except another turbo bike...

$5000 FOR BETTER MOTOR, BETTER SUSPENSION, NEWER INSTUMENTS, NEW BODYWORK, LED TAILLIGHTS, BETTER BRAKES. It just doesn't make any sense. I should have bought a 99 I guess. Just pointing out that some people would rather buy the upgrade than upgrade an older bike that will never have as good of resale and still look like an older bike.

$5000 FOR BETTER MOTOR, BETTER SUSPENSION, NEWER INSTUMENTS, NEW BODYWORK, LED TAILLIGHTS, BETTER BRAKES. It just doesn't make any sense. I should have bought a 99 I guess. Just pointing out that some people would rather buy the upgrade than upgrade an older bike that will never have as good of resale and still look like an older bike.

That's true for many bikes but not a busa; tastefully done they do hold their value.

Oh please...

Your better motor = 20 hp and maybe 1/2 second in a quarter mile by a
"professional" rider.

Instruments, bodywork and tail light (which is ugly as fk btw) = the new wrapper I refered to.

Brakes are better (and STILL NOT AS GOOD AS THE 14) mostly because the
stock Zuk brakes suck so bad and haven't been upgraded in a decade. Suzuki
SHOULD HAVE update all our brakes 5+ years ago. They COMPLETELY REDESIGN
the 1000 every 2 years, we can't even get a bone in the way of better brakes for
10 years. I upgraded mine 2 years ago with steal brake lines and HH pads.
BTW-I mention Brembo brakes which again would spank the sheet out of the
gen 2 (which is really gen 1.5) brakes.

Suspension...ya o.k. it's the same chasis and virtually identical shocks and parts
(and the bike is heavier) if you think it handles way better...more power to you.

I don't buy something for resale value, when I buy I buy for value and plan to
keep. BTW - All jap bikes have crap for resale. Give your bike another year or
two...my dealer is selling brand new '08 zx10s for $8900.00

I don't care what people buy...I'm just pointing out that if you have a solid
Gen 1 (especially if it's modded) considering poor resale, it's not worth your bike
+ the 5-6 grand for a scitch of an upgrade (were back to VALUE again).

Now if Suzuki would have done a full blown update, like the Vmax
all new lighter much stronger chasis...imagine if the Gen 2 bike was 30lbs less than the Gen 1
NEW engine 1400cc+ pumping out 200-210 hp at the rear wheel.
Brakes actually better than Kawis zx14 brakes (that came out 2 years earlier)
etc, etc...and do something WITH THAT UGLY TAIL.

Listen...If I had no bike and had the money...I'd buy an '09 (despite the tail)
but trading Selene in and boatload of cash for 20 hp...noway...not me.
I'd take the 5-6grand and put it down on ANOTHER bike...Maybe a cruiser or
a Ducati...or maybe that '08 Zx10 for 8900 bucks.

Last edited:
Oh please...

Your better motor = 20 hp and maybe 1/2 second in a quarter mile by a
"professional" rider.

Instruments, bodywork and tail light (which is ugly as fk btw) = the new wrapper I refered to.

Brakes are better (and STILL NOT AS GOOD AS THE 14) mostly because the
stock Zuk brakes suck so bad and haven't been upgraded in a decade. Suzuki
SHOULD HAVE update all our brakes 5+ years ago. They COMPLETELY REDESIGN
the 1000 every 2 years, we can't even get a bone in the way of better brakes for
10 years. I upgraded mine 2 years ago with steal brake lines and HH pads.
BTW-I mention Brembo brakes which again would spank the sheet out of the
gen 2 (which is really gen 1.5) brakes.

Suspension...ya o.k. it's the same chasis and virtually identical shocks and parts
(and the bike is heavier) if you think it handles way better...more power to you.

I don't buy something for resale value, when I buy I buy for value and plan to
keep. BTW - All jap bikes have crap for resale. Give your bike another year or
two...my dealer is selling brand new '08 zx10s for $8900.00

I don't care what people buy...I'm just pointing out that if you have a solid
Gen 1 (especially if it's modded) considering poor resale, it's not worth your bike
+ the 5-6 grand for a scitch of an upgrade (were back to VALUE again).

Now if Suzuki would have done a full blown update, like the Vmax
all new lighter much stronger chasis...imagine if the Gen 2 bike was 30lbs less than the Gen 1
NEW engine 1400cc+ pumping out 200-210 hp at the rear wheel.
Brakes actually better than Kawis zx14 brakes (that came out 2 years earlier)
etc, etc...and do something WITH THAT UGLY TAIL.

Listen...If I had no bike and had the money...I'd buy an '09 (despite the tail)
but trading Selene in and boatload of cash for 20 hp...noway...not me.
I'd take the 5-6grand and put it down on ANOTHER bike...Maybe a cruiser or
a Ducati...or maybe that '08 Zx10 for 8900 bucks.

I agree with you 100%, except you can get that 08 zx10 even cheaper in your area:laugh:

I gotta say the 09 Busa is worth it. Just got my Busa on tuesday and let me tell u this bike has bull nuts. I love it. This is my first bike and it easy to ride if you take your time. Too much throttle and there she goes lol. Goodluck on your choice.:thumbsup:

wow your first bike...:welcome: and do a search for suggestions to make your stay here a long one!!

I look at it this way...
In '99 Zuk killed a flea with a sledgehammer, designed and built one the
greatest motorcycles ever.

The Hayabusa HAS TO BE one the best sellers ever. Suzuki has long since
paid for it's initial R&D and we have been lining Suzuki's pockets with gold
ever since.

Meanwhile, Suzuki completely...COMPLETELY redesign the GSX-R1000/750/600
EVERY 2 YEARS like clockwork.

and the busa still plugs along exactly as it did in '99 (not even upgraded brakes)
with just BNG...lining Suzuki's pocket...paying for redesigns of other bikes.

Now I fully understand the concept of not fixing something that aint broke but
here comes the ZX14, which is an exception bike. It's smoother, faster, and
has WAY better brakes then a Gen 1 (with 10 year old brakes).

Alright...so it's time for a big update on THE KING. Now you take...all the money
that Suzuki has made off the Busa for 10 years and add it up...probably well
into the millions. And she is due for a redesign...couple that with the fact that
when you update a 1000/750/600 your locked in to that engine size. BUT...
on the KING...you have a clean slate. You can do literally ANYTHING...GO AHEAD
FLEA WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER (that's what made the busa GREAT to begin with) There is no CC limit...

and what did they do...after all the money they made off the busa faithfull...
THEY WENT CHEAP.
"Well let's use the same case, it's cheaper...we'll just make the stroke longer and
up the compression" (they could have done ANYTHING)
"Well use the exact same fricken 10 year old designed frame cause it's cheaper."
"We'll put better brakes on it, they're still not as good as the 14 but, heck
the kool aid drinkers will love it and they're better than the 10 year old ones
we got on there now."
We'll change the body work so it'll look different and call it a Gen 2".

What I'm saying is...it ain't enough. After all the money Suzuki made this is how they
reward the Busa Faithfull. This bike should be the flagship, the standard of
Suzuki saying "THIS is what we can do".

We deserved a kick butt brand new entre but instead we got warmed over pot roast.

And I picked up a motorcycle magazine today....on the cover
"ALL NEW COMPLETELY REDESIGNED GSX-R1000"...YET AGAIN...
Keep slogin' down the kool-aid boys...whatever makes that tail look better

Last edited:
Dude, hommie just wants a brand new busa. I'll say go for it if it rocks yo world. (I'd rather get marchesseni wheels and ohlins suspension)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all the great arguments fellas... the white and blue is just nasty and the 5g's is money a bank wont lend.....nI take free turbos btw!!:laugh:

Take all the goodies off, sell them privatly and see what the old stealership will give ya then. Those parts are worth more off the bike than on it

better motor? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

better suspension?

you don't have a clue

if you are mechanically inclined....you can buy a gen1 and with the saved cash...literally destroy a gen2 in every respect and still have cash left over.

Back