Upgrading PowerCommander firmware

el stumpo

Registered
I have a PC III usb with old firmware (1.0.0.16) I want to upgrade the firmware, but it says I need either later firmware or I need to buy a programmer. Seeing how this is probably a one shot deal because after I upgrade, I will be able to use the software, does anyone have a programmer I can borrow? Or I can bring the PC to you for upgrading.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a PC III usb with old firmware (1.0.0.16) I want to upgrade the firmware, but it says I need either later firmware or I need to buy a programmer. Seeing how this is probably a one shot deal because after I upgrade, I will be able to use the software, does anyone have a programmer I can borrow? Or I can bring the PC to you for upgrading.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll be glad to flash it for you if you want to send it to me. PM me as I might loose track of this thread.

Can't you just do it yourself, if you have a computer and a usb cable, 9V DC adapter...

From Dynojet...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/main...ding-powercommander-firmware.html#post1862327

UPDATING THE CONTROL CENTER SOFTWARE
For the Display to operate properly with the Power Commander, the Control Center software version
must be 3.1.7 or higher. To verify the software version, open the Control Center software and
click Help About Power Commander 3 USB software. If the Control Center software version is lower
than 3.1.7, use the following instructions:
1 Insert the CD, included with the Display, in your CD-ROM drive. The launch program will run
automatically.
2 Click Power Commander Control Center Software Update.
3 Follow the on-screen instructions.
VERIFYING THE POWER COMMANDER FIRMWARE
For the Display to operate properly with the Power Commander, the firmware version must be 2.1.2 or
higher. You will need to verify the current firmware version and may need to update the firmware.
1 Open the Control Center software.
2 Connect the USB cable from your computer to the
Power Commander.
3 Supply power to the Power Commander by
connecting the 9V adapter with a fresh 9V battery to
the expansion port of the Power Commander. You
can also supply power to the Power Commander by
turning the vehicle on.
4 Click View Power Commander Information.
The Power Commander is always listed as
Module 0. The firmware type will be "Harley" for
a Harley Davidson or "Fuel" for all other types.
Note: Verify the Ignition Module firmware version, if
connected, as you may need to update this firmware as
well. The Ignition Module is always listed as Module 1
and the firmware type will be "Ignition". Refer to
“Updating the Ignition Module Firmware” on page 14.
UPDATING THE POWER COMMANDER FIRMWARE—FUEL 1.0.0.20/HARLEY 2.1.1 OR LATER
1 Open the Control Center software.
2 Connect the USB cable from your computer to the Power Commander.
3 Connect the 9V adapter to the expansion port of the Power Commander.
4 Connect a fresh 9V battery to the adapter.
5 Click Power Commander Tools Update Firmware. The Open dialog box will appear.
6 Click the drop down arrow and select your CD-ROM drive.
7 Double-click the fscommand folder.
8 Double-click the PCIII folder.
Note: For Harley Davidson, double-click the HarleyPC folder.
9 Double-click the fscommand folder.
10 Click the firmware.dfu file.
11 Click Open. Wait for the progress bar to finish. When the progress bar reads Programmed
Successfully, your firmware is updated. If you get "Error Programming Module", disconnect the 9V
adapter and reconnect to the Power Commander. This will retry loading the firmware.
12 Click OK.

Hey Ted,
The problem is the current FW is 1.0.0.16 which is less than the 1.0.0.20 needed to do the upgrade without a programmer. I did try for fun to see if it would let me do it, but I get an error.

Thanks for looking it up for me though! :beerchug:

ok going to sound dumb but is the thing working ok now? I am REAAAALLY slow to upgrade firmware on any device UNLESS there is a known issue..

The most common reason to upgrade is the use of a hub or lcd display. I had to upgrade mine to use the USB hub on my bike.

ok going to sound dumb but is the thing working ok now? I am REAAAALLY slow to upgrade firmware on any device UNLESS there is a known issue..
I just bought it Randy and it is an older model 2004 I think. I'm sure there have been some improvements in 4+ years, so I figure it'd be a good idea to bring it up to par.

Now to start the engine mods.... :laugh:

I'd like to publicly thank Professor for generously offering to flash the unit for me.

Thanks Rick!! :beerchug:

The oRg ROCKS! :thumbsup:

one of the upgrades in the software is the accelerator pump feature, which is nice to have if you use NOS...or you need that extra little squirt of gas when you crank the throttle wide open...

upgrade if you can is good to have your system ready to go in case you need it. my 2 cents. is like running windows 95 when you can be running vista no much updates for 95. just me.

Back