Upgraded from 16 bit to 32 bit ecu and rotor, now she stumbles HARD above 8000 rpms.

So I had a Power commander on my 2000 and decided to upgrade to the 02+ computer and rotor. I followed the ecu upgrade instructions, and everything went well. She starts, and runs fine, but when pulling her up past 8000 rpm's, she stumbles HARD. It even turned on the "FI" light one time. I pulled over and turned it off, and it went away. I'm really having a hard time with this. Is this symptom the reason people get TRE's? If so, I'm not worried about it as I'm going to get a tune. I have received my boost by smith equipment and just haven't been able to get it on and tuned. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Upgraded from 16 bit to 32 bit ecu and rotor, now she stumbles HARD above 8000 rp

No help at all? Any ideas? I replaced the fuel pump and it still does it. I'm really hoping it's something with the computer, and getting a tune will fix it. Could this be a "problem" with this computer? Any and all help is appreciated.

Re: Upgraded from 16 bit to 32 bit ecu and rotor, now she stumbles HARD above 8000 rp

What are you running for a Pc now??

I dunno .....

I recently upgraded my 2000 in the sig below, and all I did was change the ECU, the Rotor, and repin the harnessand it ran fine all the way to redline

I did the same thing. Upgraded the ecu to an 02-07 and changed the rotor. I re-pinned the ecu harness as per the write up. I have also changed the fuel pump. Still stumbles hard at 8000 and up. I can't figure it out. This sucks.

More information to help diagnose. I changed computers. Still stumbled hard. I then jumped the plug under the seat and rode it. I get a code C27. #4 ignition coil "circuit". I then pulled the coils and measured each. All were within spec of the manual. I changed plugs, and replaced everything with di-electric grease, but I switched the #3 and #4 coils, expecting to get a code C26. Still got a code 27. I then checked the wire slot #10 for the #4 coil at the ECM plug. It was inserted fully and not loose. I di-electric greased the ECM plugs and went for another ride. Still a code C27. I'm at a loss here guys. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to call me to discuss if need be.

Thank you,
James
4 zero 4 - 787 - 3 8 5 7

Ok so still no answer to my question!

I upgraded from the 16 bit 2000 computer to a 32 bit 2002-2007 computer. Immediately these problems began. I have since purchased another 02-07 computer and changed it, thinking possibly I had a bad one. I changed the rotor and did the posed wire changes as per the instructions. It's driving me mad. I read somewhere that the crank angle sensor may be the culprit, any thoughts?

Again, what powercommander are you using, if any?

And yes the crank trigger does need to be rewired, the polarity is inverted on the new 32 bit ECU.
I upgraded from the 16 bit 2000 computer to a 32 bit 2002-2007 computer. Immediately these problems began. I have since purchased another 02-07 computer and changed it, thinking possibly I had a bad one. I changed the rotor and did the posed wire changes as per the instructions. It's driving me mad. I read somewhere that the crank angle sensor may be the culprit, any thoughts?

No power commander. I am going from the 2000 computer and rotor with a power commander, to an 02-07 computer and rotor, so I can use the boost by smith hardware for tuning. I haven't installed the boost by smith stuff yet, because after changing the rotor and computer, I have this new issue. I did do the wiring changes as per these instructions in this thread: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/103093-32bit-ecu-00-busa.html Also, I just went out and tested the crank sensor as per my manual and all was within spec. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

In the morning, I will check the Cam position sensor, but then, the only thing I can think to do is to put the original rotor back in and switch the wires back to factory and use the original 2000 computer and see if the problem persists. I hope I don't have to do that. Any help is appreciated.

It sound like it may be a fuel problem also, i would measure the fuel pressure also, and make sure you are at 43 PSI

New fuel pump 2 days ago. It isn't consistent either. I take it out and all is well for a few pulls, then it starts again. Crazy.

NEW SYMPTOM!!! The last few times I've made changes, I've noticed somethiing. When I leave to go do a test ride, it starts out PERFECT. I can make 8 or 9 HARD passes up to 11,000 rpm's. But then it falls flat at 8000 again. Maybe it has to be warm for the problem to begin.

Here is what I did today. I pulled the computer out and released the pin holders on both plugs. I pushed each and every wire into the plug firmly and locked it all back down. I also checked the line between the computer and the #4 coil. No breaks, or issues. I firmly pushed in the lines at the coil as well. I then mixed up all 4 coils, to make sure that isn't it AGAIN. I then checked the crank angle sensor and the cam sensor as per the manual. I double checked all my grounds, including the 2 additional grounds I have ran. I still get C27 code and it breaks up and falls flat on it's face at and above 8000 rpm's.

I cannot install my boost by smith stuff, until this is fixed. Unless, maybe that may help me diagnose the problem as it reads all the sensors. Any thoughts there? Guys, I need help, and it seems only one person is trying, and I appreciate that, but I cannot be the only person that has had this issue. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.
James
4 zero 4 - 787 - 3 8 5 7 cell........ANYTIME to discuss this problem.

One other thing. I took the cover off for the stator and rotor again to check for any damage, etc. Should there be a small amount of oil in there? I do have a small amount of oil in mine. I clean everything up and re-assembled. I can't imagine this is a problem, as if it were, there would be problems all over the place, and not just this one specific rpm and one specific c27 code.

Thanks again.

on my 00 when i tried it a few years ago just repinning harness the bike was super lean, like 17:1 at idle, and much leaner across the board than with the 2000 stuff. This past winter i sold my bike and bought it back a few weeks later, rick upgraded it again to 02-07 stuff and put a newer harness on it and the bike didn't experience any of the stuff i saw before. Could be fueling is just way off, quit beating on it without knowing what fueling is going would be my recommendation.

I have put the original computer and rotor back on, and reversed the wires at the computer. Runs GREAT!!! So either it was the rotor (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) or something with the 4 wires that are moved for the upgrade as covered here:

How to convert Hayabusa 16 bit ECU to 32 bit

Any thoughts on these wire moves? I would really like to think I will be able to go back to the 32 bit computer and rotor.

Thank you.

Another update. I switched everything back to factory 2000 equipment. And she is back to screaming all the way to redline. There is somthing with the 4 wires that must be moved that must be causing my problem. Could someone with experience in this, please look these over and explain if these are correct and suggest otherwise. I would really like to make the 02-07 computer work and be able to use the boost by smith equipment (which I already have). Again, any and all help is appreciated. Move pin 56 into 33...60 into 53...and swap pins 36 and 43. After doing this, I kept getting a hard stumble at 8000 and up with a C27 trouble code. I have checked MANY sites and write ups, and everyone seems to agree on these pin moves. Any other information is greatly helpful.

Smith, it can't be fuel related, as I'm getting a C27 code. Also, it has a new fuel pump. To further rule out fuel issues, I have since switched back to 2000 ecu and rotor and it runs GREAT. Any other thoughts?

Back