Upgrade time!!

Suspension - Suspension - Suspension

Put your money into suspension upgrades, you'll be glad you did.

You have enough money to buy some trick Ohlins forks and shock. Go visit the Ohlins man himself. Dan had some real sweetheart deals on forks and shock recently. Maybe this deal is still available?

Visit Dan Kyle @ kyleusa.com
email: dan@kyleusa.com
Phone: 866-667-4925

Navy Luck, It's winter in New England and you are bored and in the dreamy state of mind that comes with no riding and looking at the sexy beast who sits cold in the garage...we all are so susceptible to that...I am not against turbo's...so don't get me wrong...There is hardly anything sexier (mechanically speaking) than that of a good turbo. I love that snarky bark sound...a mean nasty growl as she spools up just squirts adrenaline straight into my stomach. I am pushing 60 so I have a different perspective than a guy who is in his 20's and 30's. Think of it this way...if you follow my thoughts on this...bikes are mechanica designs, da? You use your bike as a commuter and back road warrior. You probably don't use half the horsepower the Busa possesses..Even at Infineon Raceway on the one long straightaway where you can really get on it do I get over high 140's...and to me that is freakin fast. The Busas design lends itself to a well handling sports bike on steroids. She can do many things very very well...and straight line stability and power is right in her powerhouse...You have things on her that have improved her performance...lightened her exhaust system and increased her horsepower with it. PCommander will give her the best map... better stopping power. If you choose to put a turbo on her it is a big decision, mate. The guys who know about turbos will probably tell you there is a plus side and negative side to everything you do. Yes you will have that snarky-growly sound...tremendous horsepower increase...and the downside..mechanical expenses of maintenance, reliability of the mechanical system will be affected negatively...This all has to be weighted out in the mind carefully. Are you a one car family with a bike...or a two car family with a bike? Things like this...Ya know..another way for your mind to contemplate might be to spend some money not on the bike but on yourself...set some money aside as you already have done and learn how to track your bike at the local raceways...improve your skills as it were. There are only a handful of guys who can push their Busas to even the 80 percent capability of the bike. Mate..you have enough power...it was designed correctly...you don't need more power than what she has...put your money into suspension...look at Elba or Ohlins...also the steering dampner on the Busa is a joke...look at Scotts steering dampner...it is a huge improvement and adjustable as you ride...Tracking bikes is not cheap...an A group rider can pretty much dust a set of tires in a day...track day 150 dollars and up...good track tires 250 dollars and up...But I guarantee you..you will learn that what you do on the backroads is nothing compared to what the Busa is capable of handling. So...work on your skills and how to really tap into the tremendous reserves the Busa possesses...and improve her suspension to handle the power. Anyone on the board who tracks the Busa will tell you pretty much what I have here...improve your skills and make changes to the suspension...The Busa possesses more than enough power...you have made very good choices on what you have already done on the bike...good luck with your decisions...suspension and skill sets are much more important than a turbo to me...but that is just me...2hip

I appreciate the well though out advice and I like the direction you are taking. The more I think about it the more I hate how people tell me the Busa is great until you get it into a turn. I am going to do some serious research on suspension and a track day or two. I am going to put the turbo idea on the back burner for now. Thanks for the pep talk.

Navy, if Trojan is willing to help you with the install and the help from the rest of board you will have no problem with the install of the turbo system. Good luck on the search for more power!!

Back