Upgrade time!!

NavyLucky78

Registered
I am to the point where I want to put 1500 to 2000 dollars into my bike. I am looking for someone reputable in the North East who work on Busa's. There is alot I can do myself, but if anyone can put me in touch with a good mechanic around the Connecticut area I would greatly apprecaite it.

2k wont get you far if your paying someone to do the work, usually get about $70-$90/hr depending on shop. so depending on what you have in mind, that 2k may disapear faster then you think/ what are you looking to do???

I guess that's one of the things I was hoping to hear. I know that it is not enough for a cam swap, but I would like some more power of the bike.

I would start with a new full exhaust, a bigger rear sprocket will give you some more balls on the lower end and NOS setup is cheap enough. you can do all 3 of these yourself and save some $$. the list can go on and on though

Let me start with a list of what I do have:

Full HMF Single side exhaust
Power Commander
Galfer Brake lines
Undertail
Garmin Zumo GPS

That's what I have for a start.

what's the daily use of your bike? Commuting, two-up, twisties, hwy long distance, in-town cruising, etc? Determine what use the bike most commonly associated with and make additions to improve the performance/comfort/safety.

The bike is a commuter. 50 miles a daily, but I try not to let that get in the way of CT back road riding. I don't know if I can sit around and wait for the 4 or 5 grand needed for a turbo. That would really make my day. Unfortunately, I am sure my wife would find out about the extra money lying around and try to buy a new kitchen floor or something else mundane like that.

Because I don't want to embarress you too much for the time being. I am shopping around for a turbo right now, though. And when I get one, you will help me install it.

with 2k I would probably upgrade the front brake pads, add a HID low beam kit, double-bubble windscreen, and adjustable rear set. Then have the bike dyno tunned and the suspension setup.

Because I don't want to embarress you too much for the time being. I am shopping around for a turbo right now, though. And when I get one, you will help me install it.

You buy the beer and I'm there:thumbsup:
There's a sponsor on Long Island that can tune it. We'll load it up in the truck and take the ferry.

Ok, I am coming to terms with doing the work myself. I am just not confident in my ability to install things and have them work exactly the way I want them. Now time for turbo shopping.

50mi a day? How about some comfort upgrades? New seat, Heli Bars,Adjustable rear sets,etc...

Back