UPDATED 7/30: Video update from Cap

You two guys are totally AWESOME! I really look forward to these daily progress reports.............almost as good as being there with you two!!
BE SAFE my good friends!!

Jimbo

:bump:

Couple more from Cap and UncleSteve...on their way home.

Just added another one...Man is it windy there! Sounded like they are about 150 miles from Casper, WY...

One from Casper, WY. They stopped to get UncleSteve's tire fixed...

Dang it anyway. I hope Steve got back on the road with new rubber without too much of a delay!
I remember Cap having to buy a new rear tire in Reno after a one way trip of approx 1700 miles, knowing it would never make the trip back.
Those two guys are my heros! I mean, we showed them the "scenery" here in northern Nevada from last Tues through Sat, covering close to 1,100 miles and to think they traveled 1,700 miles just to get here! And now, at least another 1,700 to get back home is unbelievable! :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting them Omar, Steve and I started out this morning from Casper Wyoming and we noticed his tire was low, we found a dealership and pulled in to it. They took care of the bike and put Steve first in line since we were from out of town... We got on the road in about an hour. We were chased by rain from Wyoming, it was cold and wet, 48 degrees and raining for about 45 minutes... We pulled out of the rain just about the border of Wyoming as we came into South Dakota. We rode to Spearfish and ate lunch (Video coming) and then we moved on in to deadwood. I think that we only put on about 400 miles today. When we pulled into the hotel we rolled 3200 miles on this trip......

We will be in the black hills tonight and tomorrow and we will be riding the hills here tomorrow with HillsRider.

Things are going really well, no major problems... I will try to post some pics tonight now that we have Internet.

Cap

:beerchug: Glad to hear that you both are doing well...and you haven't killed one another :rofl:

One of these days, I'll make that trek ;)

Glad to hear that you both are doing well...and you haven't killed one another

His radio quit working yesterday, he would cut out when he transmitted... I could talk and he could hear me and he couldn't respond... I kept calling him names and making fun of him, there wasnt a whole lot he could do until we stopped.

We got his radio working again and man has he let me have it...

cap

Thanks for posting them Omar, Steve and I started out this morning from Casper Wyoming and we noticed his tire was low, we found a dealership and pulled in to it. They took care of the bike and put Steve first in line since we were from out of town... We got on the road in about an hour. We were chased by rain from Wyoming, it was cold and wet, 48 degrees and raining for about 45 minutes... We pulled out of the rain just about the border of Wyoming as we came into South Dakota. We rode to Spearfish and ate lunch (Video coming) and then we moved on in to deadwood. I think that we only put on about 400 miles today. When we pulled into the hotel we rolled 3200 miles on this trip......

We will be in the black hills tonight and tomorrow and we will be riding the hills here tomorrow with HillsRider.

Things are going really well, no major problems... I will try to post some pics tonight now that we have Internet.

Cap

Watch out for the pig-tail bridges...they look fun but can get slick in spots. I was stationed in Rapid City for 4 years....beautiful place!

Couple YouTube vids from Cap on Weds in SD added - see first post ;)

I don't know if it still holds or not but Lead, next to Deadwood, held the record for the largest temperature inversion recorded in the U.S...it can go from absolutely beatiful to 24in of snow in a very short time...also Lead has the largest active gold producing mines in the U.S....grab some Black Hills Gold while you're up there and if you have time go check out the Crazy Horse Monument....very cool stuff on a super grand scale..

Dan

Cap thanks for keeping us updated, glad you guys are having fun. I'm up for the June Stampede in '10. :thumbsup:

Man alive ... Thnx for keeping us up to date guy's... Omar you are the man....
That wind clip was unbelievable....Captain.... and a flat in Uncle Steves new tire...
Bummer --did you do a roadside fix with co-2 kit.... keep um coming..be safe and have fun... :bowdown:

Man alive ... Thnx for keeping us up to date guy's... Omar you are the man....
That wind clip was unbelievable....Captain.... and a flat in Uncle Steves new tire...
Bummer --did you do a roadside fix with co-2 kit.... keep um coming..be safe and have fun... :bowdown:

It was the old tire, had a small leak, it dropped 20psi over night.
Had a new one installed the next day.
we are now in Sidney NE after riding the Black Hills today. No more twisties left, heading home now. We had a great trip.

It was the old tire, had a small leak, it dropped 20psi over night.
Had a new one installed the next day.
we are now in Sidney NE after riding the Black Hills today. No more twisties left, heading home now. We had a great trip.

You guys are in New England? Wow...you must have one of those special turbos on your bikes..:laugh:

Dan

Back