Update the damn site already Bigdog!!!!!!!!!!!

Gixx1300R

Registered
When are we going to get a place to post pics,members and all the other places on this site?It's been a long time coming.

Big Dog,

I've offered to help develop these pages. If yer rushed off yer feet let me help.

The site layout is excellent but lacks content BIG TIME.

So how about it.

Frats

Z

Please read the front page to get a link to information regarding the site rebuild and other pressing questions.

Thanks again for the offer, Z, but right now development help is not really what's needed.

Good news, bad news........

BAD:
BigDog is not to be found.....seems he skipped with the T-Shirt money and has gone to Florida for a vacation.

GOOD:
He has gone to Florida.......just in time to meet Floyd :)

I totally agree, Big Dog has done an brilliant job on the site and if he wants my help I'll be only too pleased to help out in appreciation for all his hard work.

Frats

Z

If we pay dues Chase can make some money and we can keep the riffraff out. How
Chase can keep this site up for free is a question i always wanted to ask. What is the
reward? Love of Bussa' maybe. Maybe Suzuki is subsidizing us as a PR move?
ducmanic
Los Angeles

How about everyone takes it easy on the Dog? Don't you feel strange complaining about a service you get for free?

The site may not have all the tricks, but what DOES exist works very well, with no reliability problems.

As for posting pix, you can go over to Onelist to do that and then point .ORG members over there if you want.

What else do you want? A Members list can be voluntarily compiled as a thread if you want. And I'm sure there are ways to achieve just about any other functions you need.

How 'bout we fund the development of the site by ante-ing up $5 each per month on VISA? That's $2,000 a month or so.

THEN we'll have a right to complain.

The charging of dues will most likely keep out more good people than bad. We have to pay enough as it is. This is not a xxx pay site for God's sake. Other people will just branch out and start another and the pay site will fall by the way side. Then where would we be........no site at all and will be on the branch out sites doing what we are doing now...........but not as good as we have it now. People will disagree on a pay site just as they do now...........Just my thoughts...................

Good points. It's a tough call.

It would be good to hear from site management on the $ issue.

BigDog.....oh BigDog.

Has anybody had an e-mail conversation with Chase, by the way?

He knows his poop.

You can pre-authorize monthly $5 debits against your VISA for any block of time you want. 100s of 1000s of other sites do this. The technology is all in place.

I wouldn't mind at all if I felt it would make the site significantly better.

After all, I pay that much for a few lousy bike mag subscriptions.

Who else would pay and BigDog, what use would you put the money to?

Thanks for the good words, guys...I know it's frustrating not having everything you want on the site right now, but I promise things, they are a changing.

You're right, so far, all I've done is absorb expense on this, but we have some ideas...those ideas are why the rebuild is taking longer. It'll all shake out eventually...there have just been some more "corporate" barriers thrown in the way (meaning that there are more folks to pass ideas past).

As for charging monthly...Nah! Like it has been said, that could keep out people that we want in. The only thing that will make this site work is the active participation of all of you guys...if we were to lose a major contributor because we charge monthly, then the site takes a serious hit, in my opinion.

We will have some money-making ability to this soon...whether or not the money is there remains to be seen, though <GRIN>.

Again, thanks for participating and being (somewhat) patient <GRIN>.

Back