Update On Puig "Touring" Windscreen Availability

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I don't know wether to cry or jump for joy that I at least "got mine" but...here's an anonymous cut an past of a pm message I recieved today regarding availability of the puig touring windscreen...

after 2 1/2 hours, the guy called me back and said that there is no way I can get one...at least not in the U.S. He said that there were a few available a month or so ago....but Puig does not see a market for them in the states.
So if you ever see another lying around, you let me know and I will be there in a couple of hours.... lol
For now....enjoy it...cause it's the only one around.

so take a good look gents...

PUIG2.jpg

PUIG4.jpg

And my only problem now is figuring out wether I should...

a. Put it in a glass case marked "FOR SHOW USE ONLY" or..

b. Auction it off to the highest bidder on ebay or...

c. Just ride it in good health or...

d. Attempt to contact PUIG to become a U.S. Distributor.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115909723 -->

I dont really like the screen, I'll check around and see about the availability in this part of the world if anyone need me to.

I exchanged emails twice with Kneedraggers. They are talking to Puig and trying to get something lined up for the end of the month. However, the last exchange said all Puig had was Black: Not dark smoke but opaque black...Zero transparency. Anyway, Kneedraggers has quite a few requests and they are trying to get some smoke/dark-smoke touring screens from Puig. Drop them an email or give them a call and let them know you are serious. Maybe we'll get a break soon
smile.gif

My Mother, Stepfather, Brother and Sister live in the UK, I can ask them too look if anyone wants, just let me know......

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115952016 -->

I exchanged emails twice  with Kneedraggers. They are talking to Puig and trying to get something lined up for the end of the month. However, the last exchange said all Puig had was Black: Not dark smoke but opaque black...Zero transparency. Anyway, Kneedraggers has quite a few requests and they are trying to get some smoke/dark-smoke touring screens from Puig. Drop them an email or give them a call and let them know you are serious. Maybe we'll get a break soon
smile.gif
That's actually the way to do it...hammer kneedraggers with emails for the PUIG "TOURING" WINDSCREEN and then they'll be more serious about getting/placing a "Quantity Order" with Puig for the touring model windscreeen...after all they are the folks with the $$$, warehouse and import license..they just need to recognize "The Demand" and then they will "Supply".

NJ...what is it you don't care for on the puig touring model?...I love the looks and get many compliments at gas stations and just the other night I had a couple older former busa owners telling me in a positive tone "There's something different looking about your hayabusa but we can't pick out what it is"..and that's when I pointed out that I've changed the stock windscreen...and then the guy said..."Yeah...I knew something was different cause it looks great and has more of a swept back windblown look to it than mine did."

and...it sheds the wind great (with a nice 'constant' level of wind noise and no rumble head buffeting crap) yet still gives wind support to my upper body when sitting in a more upright position and I'm well within the bubble with just a touch of tuck so...what's not to like?
rock.gif

Besides my windscreen, my rifle, or me?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

rock.gif

FWIW and if it helps you folks...PUIGS Parent Company is "Motoplastic" out of barcelona spain...the following is a link too "MotoPlastic/Puig"...select "Country & Language" then...click on "Distributors" (on the site map header) and then select "United States" from the pull down menu for a listing of US distributors and their 1-800 phone numbers and U.S. mailing addresses...

http://www.motoplastic.com/

Good Luck & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115959421 -->

Not to hijack the thread, but the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen isn't too different. I think it turns up a bit more, but it works pretty well.

It might be an option if you're not dead set on the Puig.

Not to hijack the thread, but the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen isn't too different.  I think it turns up a bit more, but it works pretty well.  

It might be an option if you're not dead set on the Puig.
That's the screen I have and I'm real happy with it. Prefer the shape too.

I believe that Puig's are thicker/better quality though.

<!--EDIT|DAB
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115960872 -->

Cycle Gear was told that they had sold out due to a huge run on the touring screen. Their inventory would not be back up on this item until after Oct. Had something to do with factory down time, etc. But they did imply they would be available later in the year. I hope so. Hate to finally find something that turns out to be impossible to get now.
sad.gif

Can't believe you guys have me looking at touring screens. They look nice and they are starting to grow on me. Not like a fungus, either.

Back