Update on my bike

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
didnt think anyone would see it on the original thread so I thought I would post it here!

"Hi again everyone, I just wanted to update everyone on whats going on with my bike. As far as parts go, I have everything! Thanks to the caring and giving members of this board. I am just waiting on the Nose, Tail section, and rim/tire in the mail. Once they get here my bike is back and operational. Oh, all I gotta get is a Hi-beam bulb which Ive read about...and going with a SilverStar.

My bike would have been down for over 6months If i had to buy everything myself, but thanks to the board members I am about to be back on the road this month! Now about how ugly the bike looks with all the mismatched part's, I could care less. She may look fat and ugly, but trust me on this she can run! But I found a guy here on base who does custom work on car's, bike's, you name it. And he is doing the whole bike for me for $600.00 . He is doing ALL the prep work, and giving me 5coats of clear coat. The bike will be gloss black like the new 07, and will look very sexy! He is currently working on my Left, Right fairing and the front fender. He is doing all the work before I pay him! That's how great this guy is, he is a First class Petty officer of the United States navy. Much respect for him, as He doesn't even know me and is trusting me with this.

Well that's a quick summary of everything that's happening with my bike. So after everything is done, I paid for the front fender, Nose, and tail section. Everything else was donated! And I'm about $600.00 bucks in the hole for my paintjob. Once everything is back together, which is probably going to be at the end of the month, I will be posting pictures of my bike "when I drag Lamb's lazy butt over here on base..."
beerchug.gif

Well thanks again everyone, and I will keep y'all updated on things!
super.gif

Westbrook"

Good to hear brother... lets see a before pic with that big arse grin you are wearing
laugh.gif

Finally a feel good story to share
smile.gif
I like that. Great news. Glad you found someone local for the paint too, I am now looking at shooting GL myself...cost constrainst vs wife (she thinks I spend too much.....luckily she doesn't know about the other parts I ordered while she was visiting family in FL).

Good to hear V8.
jump9.gif

Can't wait to see the pics of the finished, Beast.

Westbrook - Glad to hear everything is coming together for you. Definitely post some pictures of the beast when it's together, perhaps before and after the paint job.

Glad you are almost finished with the bike v8. Get some pics up when you are done.

got the nose and tailsection today! I would be putting it on but im getting ready for my watch atm...
all_coholic.gif
guns.gif

well after peiceing together the parts last night, I noticed I am missing a few things. I need about 4 pop rivits, and 1 bulb for a front blinker. And I need to replace the Hi-beam bulb as well. I was just wanting to post this while at work so I can check back apoun it later. If you know the part numbers for the SilverStar Hi-beam and Lowbeam, please post them. And the blinker bulb, thanks yall!

how about a picture of your Frankenstein? That's what you should name it. Even get it painted green
all_coholic.gif

(V8N3T @ Oct. 11 2006,07:22) well after peiceing together the parts last night, I noticed I am missing a few things. I need about 4 pop rivits, and 1 bulb for a front blinker. And I need to replace the Hi-beam bulb as well. I was just wanting to post this while at work so I can check back apoun it later. If you know the part numbers for the SilverStar Hi-beam and Lowbeam, please post them. And the blinker bulb, thanks yall!
anyone?

Search and ye shal find the answer grasshopper!!!

low beam H-7
high beam 9005

turn signal is 7507

I know it feels good to be ridin' again! Glad things are coming together.

Back