Update -- Gas Prices OKC 1.67 Gallon

Whew....good one. We are at the 1.89ish mark here.

i think it was 1.74 across the river in Missouri a couple days ago :beerchug:

Hey you OK guys ever ride down arounf FT. Sill? I was stationed there in '89 and man I remember some great riding out there.

so what has changed? Why is it so low NOW, as compared to when it was $4.50?

so what has changed? Why is it so low NOW, as compared to when it was $4.50?

Several contributing factors...

Despite OUR economic situation, the dollar has gained strength in value over the last few months, at least it has stopped falling. Also the price per barrel was seeing record highs a few months ago, I think it topped out around $130-$140 a barrel. Currently its around $55.

Same thing happened in the late 70's after the 77 Oil Embargo. Price of oil dropped just enough to keep the US from NEEDING to find an alternative/ produce more efficient vehicles.

Granted its a some what "liberal" movie, but you should watch the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car?"

I was surprised to learn that electric cars actually came out over 100 years ago and were preferred over combustion by most.

Anyway, enough thread jacking, there ya go.

-Jeff

$1.67 in Eureka mo today also. I think Ill buy an F-550 and put some premium in it ! :whistle:

$1.69 here in Foristell, MO Amazing I didn't feel sick to my stomach when I passed the gas station today!!!!:laugh:

Still hanging around $1.70 to $1.76 here in the Springfield area. Still dropping though, back to where it costs about the same to fill my little truck now as it did to fill the Busa 3 months ago.

Our lowest near where Grumpy and I live is about $1.97

I'm good with it though.....rather than pay $40 for a tank of gas I pay $25.

Just filled my '04 Tundra up for $40.00, never done that since I've owned it:cheerleader:
$1.62 here for Super- Got some Avgas last weekend for the bike at a local airport for $4.50 (100 octane):thumbsup:

Back