Update from the "hipster"

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Had my first post operation appointment with my surgeon yesterday morning. X-rays are perfect, everything is perfect. VERY happy with my progression and how I'm doing. He's cleared me to put more than my previous 50% weight on in, but I'll remain on crutches (2 for now, moving to 1) for the next 4 weeks. I'm off the pain pills now for about 2 days, just taking Tylenol.. Still can't bend to 90 degrees yet, but let me tell you guys, I'm feeling great. Way better than I have in 3 years. I remember back in April 2012 when I was down in Robbinsville for the Bash and how much my hip hurt riding. I'm SO looking forward to next spring it's not even funny. I've been riding in the truck a couple times and that is getting easier to get in and out of now that I'm stronger, feeling better, etc. Hoping to get out a little this week yet as well..

Just thought I'd let you guys know I'm here. I'm alive and I'm 99% pain free for the first time in over 3 years.

Thank you all for the calls, the texts, the Facebook messages, the notes here on the org. Sorry I haven't been here much I strangely haven't had much desire to sit on the computer for long times, and ForumRunner isn't working on my phone right now, so I'll just keep checking in here a couple times a week or so. Again, thank you all for the support even way back when I was first worried about this surgery. So far so great, and here's to a new me! :beerchug:

Congrats man, glad you are getting over the pain. You'll be riding again in no time.

Now I know why you were so grumpy at the Bash :laugh:

How are all of those incisions healing up? You know, from the machine gun jubblies? :rofl:

Happy to say "I told you so!" That is great news. I know it is a relief to get off the narcotic pain pills. Celebrex worked for me as an anti-inflammatory and for the pain, and you can still augment with Tylenol if needed. You'll improve rapidly from this point. We may have to revoke your membership in the beat-up old guys club!

Great to hear!:thumbsup: Living w/pain sux...It was 6 years before I was able to realize divorce was the key to recovery...:whistle:

Back