Update for my .oRg family

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
So many of you are closer than family to me and have been with me through some pretty tough times over the past 3 years. Last April, my doctor gave us the good news that I showed no signs of the thyroid cancer we had been dealing with since December 2007.

During my annual sonogram this year (just a couple of weeks ago) she saw a suspicious lymph node in the center of my neck (the original cancer was all on the left) and scheduled a biopsy for May 2nd. We got the results today and it's positive for the same kind of cancer. Our next steps are a CT scan of my neck to see if there are any other lymph nodes that need to be removed. If there are more nodes, I'll have another radical neck dissection on the right side (:cheerleader: my neck will be symetircal again!). If not, she wants to watch it and see if it grows or spreads. This is a very slow growing cancer so waiting and watching for a few months or year, isn't going to threaten my overall health. The surgery is pretty invasive - I've had the same thing on my left side - and my doctor hesitates to do it for only 1 node.

We're handling things pretty well - still processing the information. It couldn't happen at a better time - I started my new job yesterday. We'll keep you all posted as things happen and we get more news.

Its crazy what they can all find and fix these days, I'm sure you are in good hands both here on Earth and up above as well. Here's hoping all goes well, and there are no surprises or other setbacks. :beerchug:
God Bless..

prayers going out for both of you...as always, please let us know of anything we can do for you!

Hang in there and get that crud out of your body ASAP. I know you said it's slow growing but we still don't know much about the big C and you dont want to take the chance of it spreading. I know it sucks, i've had 21 surgeries myself, but get that crap out of you as soon as you can. Your in my prayers, stay strong, we all love you!

Sending positive vibes your way. My wife is recovering from breast cancer so I know the ordeal is a tough one, good luck.

good vibes, prayers and as always a HUUUUGE hug for you...and a little one for Dan:laugh:

(((hugs))) Sending you prayers of course. You remind me of a willow tree in a storm. Always bending, but never break.

Cancer sux....I'm just saying. Big hugs your way. You have my number...send me a text any time.

Hoping all goes well. Just hang in there, stand strong. I wonder if they would consider just treating the one node with a radioactive bead, if no other nodes are found to be involved after imaging? I wouldn't leave that one node to its own devices to just spread to further nodes down the line......

Anyway, prayers have already been dispatched!!!!

Continued prayers for you and Dan. I hope you can get this taken care of for good.

Prayers on the way and stay strong. You have the love and support of a very large family behind you.

Back