Upcoming Canadian Drone Rules

Laws already prevent me from harming someone, damaging their property or infringing on their rights (this does not cover their right not to be offended), more restrictions to prevent it (irresponsible people or criminals don’t care about your laws) won’t help.

Look at it metaphorically like a hate crime. It’s already illegal for someone to punch someone else unprovoked in the face, why does it need to be twice as illegal to punch someone unprovoked in the face if they don’t like gays and think that person is? It’s about control, the more of it they have the more power over our lives and the less willing we are to resist it as time goes on. Then one day you wake up and realize their isn’t one single part of your life government isn’t in control of or is statutorily situated to be if they chose, even worse when they chose too selectively based on your politics or pedigree.

Also notice that government will always carve out exceptions to these restrictions for themselves and create or grow the bureaucracies to manage them.

....ahhhh, the joys of living in a police state. Each of our governments have 100% direct control over every facet of our lives. If we exhibit control, we won't run afoul of the many laws, restrictions and regulations governing our lives.

The Canadian government (probably the same as the US) is really good at handing out tax payer's money like it is their own. Every time I watch the news, our government is handing out money to any cause they jump on board with. Add to that, they like to jam us with a new tax once in a while and slip in a new law whether we as the people agree or not.

I can see getting a bit of control with drones though as they seem to be everywhere these days. We must be protected from ourselves mustn't we?

Laws already prevent me from harming someone, damaging their property or infringing on their rights (this does not cover their right not to be offended), more restrictions to prevent it (irresponsible people or criminals don’t care about your laws) won’t help.

Look at it metaphorically like a hate crime. It’s already illegal for someone to punch someone else unprovoked in the face, why does it need to be twice as illegal to punch someone unprovoked in the face if they don’t like gays and think that person is? It’s about control, the more of it they have the more power over our lives and the less willing we are to resist it as time goes on. Then one day you wake up and realize their isn’t one single part of your life government isn’t in control of or is statutorily situated to be if they chose, even worse when they chose too selectively based on your politics or pedigree.

Also notice that government will always carve out exceptions to these restrictions for themselves and create or grow the bureaucracies to manage them.

Why, because there are no consequences to the actions that were done which is exactly my point..

There are no laws regulating flying a drone into someone’s face yet I personally know of a situation where that happened (not me) and there were plenty of consequences...

And since we’re quoting the old timers!
"It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow."

Hamilton and Madison

With the Distance from all airports and Helipads Ontario is basically a no fly Zone. That's radius has to change.

A friend of mine bought an expensive drone to do Real Estate shots for his properties he sells, these news laws will make his venture a challenge to do for sure. He is not a happy camper to say the least. He was told there will be very limited allowances with the new laws.

rumour has it that some airports are training birds of prey to attack and ground drones. They already have a Falconer to scare off seagulls at the Toronto Int'l airport So it would not surprise me

rumour has it that some airports are training birds of prey to attack and ground drones. They already have a Falconer to scare off seagulls at the Toronto Int'l airport So it would not surprise me
I saw that on the Discovery channel. They were training Eagles to attack drones

Back