Upcoming Canadian Drone Rules

They have closed Gatwick and Heathrow both being stupid and thoughtless. I would not have thought swallowing a consumer size jet would bring it down. But I know little about jet engines. Seems an awfully easy and cheap way to take out fighters

They have closed Gatwick and Heathrow both being stupid and thoughtless. I would not have thought swallowing a consumer size jet would bring it down. But I know little about jet engines. Seems an awfully easy and cheap way to take out fighters

If im not mistaken neither of the closings of the airport were drones but people claiming they had seen drones. As it turned out they were mistaken and one was a crane, correct?

While I did go get my 107 licenses a couple of years ago because I wanted to know more I would tell you that there are so many knuckleheads out there flying in situations that they just have no idea of the dangers or responsibility they hold.

It gives the weights required to need a license, the cheapies that you can buy at the chain stores are still able to be flown at least by the novices wondering if they should get into drones.

Typical Nannie state government crap...

Completely disagree... Just go to youtube and watch the videos of guys launching around crowds or doing ridiculous stunts just to get a good laugh,... If there was a natural constraint on the purchase of the drone then you wouldn't have these types of rules. Because the systems are so inexpensive just about anyone can get one and do some crazy things that can put a lot of people in serious danger.

Completely disagree... Just go to youtube and watch the videos of guys launching around crowds or doing ridiculous stunts just to get a good laugh,... If there was a natural constraint on the purchase of the drone then you wouldn't have these types of rules. Because the systems are so inexpensive just about anyone can get one and do some crazy things that can put a lot of people in serious danger.

Or the people using them to spy on others in their homes, there was a guy caught using one to film a teenage girl changing in her 2nd floor room....

I would hate to see what the world is like 200 years from now, You will have set times to have sex with your wife, a limit on kids you can have, electric only cars. What a way to live!
You won't have to wait that long I reckon, it's coming quick.

Well that guy.... A license or class isn't going to help him with that problem.
Nope, but it puts a bad spin on drones by an idiot doing that.

A million people could be using them properly and all it takes it one idiot like that.

Nope, but it puts a bad spin on drones by an idiot doing that.

A million people could be using them properly and all it takes it one idiot like that.

There is no doubt about that comment sir, the old adage one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. The real root cause is that the low cost and crazy good flight stability. I mean think about it you can fly a device literally 4 miles away with 1080 resolution and can click one button to bring it home for less than 1k. There is a lot that go wrong with that type of device.

In all honesty I watched the same type of thing happen with the Hayabusa. When it came out in 1999 no kid could afford insurance on them much less a new bike for 10k. Now you can pick up a gen I for 3k and still have enough to pay the insurance. The bike went from being owned by the average age rider of 45 to 35 which meant that younger (really young) riders were getting them. Those really really young riders were way more prone to crashing because of risk conditions we all know are there. I used to be one of them :) Now I am just old and fragile and to be honest a little fearful of the consequences of testosterone. Life experience (age) will get you far...

Typical Nannie state government crap...
Ummm?
Not really.
I personally don't want to fall from 400ft on final because JoeBob was trying to impress his buddies by seeing if he could knock a beer can out of the sky with his DJI. That and...their Meth Lab could explode.

Few thoughts-These look similar to the current US rules, I guess they have to keep updating regulations to keep people and property safe.

Girls with drones outside their windows should get 1. Gun, 2. Curtains. I have heard various versions of this story.

I think current battery life is around 30 min.

The FPV Race Drones is where the fun is at.

Typical path for government, steal your rights then in one fashion or another sell them back to you. When will some of you guys figure out this is about power and control, not safety. The more we acquiesce on matters like these the more of it we’ll get, US or Canada.

This is like gun control in a sense, as soon as someone commits a newsworthy act the rest of the law abiding gun owners must pay the price with more restrictions on them, not the criminals or idiots who don’t care about your laws.

Think about that, It’s the equivalent of saying we’re going to reduce drunk driving by taking the keys away from sober drivers...

Typical path for government, steal your rights then in one fashion or another sell them back to you. When will some of you guys figure out this is about power and control, not safety. The more we acquiesce on matters like these the more of it we’ll get, US or Canada.

This is like gun control in a sense, as soon as someone commits a newsworthy act the rest of the law abiding gun owners must pay the price with more restrictions on them, not the criminals or idiots who don’t care about your laws.

Think about that, It’s the equivalent of saying we’re going to reduce drunk driving by taking the keys away from sober drivers...

So if I hear you correctly anything goes and everyone is just a potential victim of your choices...

Until there are some consequences to those that are reckless or make bad decisions, (you can classify any of the following) drunk driving, drones, guns, street racing or anything else that has controls. Then there will have to be more an more regulation. People are unable to manage themselves anymore because they can't comprehend the ramifications of their actions.

This is a great quote from 1895 that could really be applied to all of us today. We all have rights but those rights can impose on others and our right to vote against is conflicting against someone else's rights.

The man who votes yes because he desires “personal liberty” for himself and others needs to learn that his liberty ends where some other fellow’s nose begins, is a truth to be applied to this question of licensing the saloon. You have no more right to vote to establish a nuisance next door to my home than I have to vote to permit one to be located in your neighborhood.

Back