Unrestricting the 2002

dimitri

Registered
good day folks>
i got my 200 shmoosa in an accident and ended up totaling it
i myself went over the car
she decided to take a left turn where she didn't have the right of way..........anyway......the rest is history
i'm picking up my new 2002 silver shmoosa and i'm putting a hindle ti-exhaust system.
a pc-3r but i need to find a way to unrestrict the bike
i can opt for using the 2000 ECU
but if i can't ,does any body know exactly what to do to unrestrict the motor?
and to also add another question to this:
what the hec does the restriction do on the newer bikes?
thanks a lot
Dimitri
baaa.gif

You can get an ATRE that will unrestrict it, then you might want to get a 220 faceplate and a yellowbox to fix your speedo, but I have a 1999 ecu that I have not gotten around to plugging in my 02 'busa. My theroy on the ECU is, if it does not work take it out and get a timing retard eliminator, I have heard that on the 99 and 00 bikes, gears 1-4 had some degree of timing retard so if your drag racing you might want to look at getting a TRE for your older ECU.

1999 ECU will not work in a 2002. You would need to change or modify the wiring harness.

Any idea how I need to change my harness to get my 99 ECU to fit? I did not want to run the 5th gear map in all gears but only run the 5th gear map in 6th. Since I do not drag race I would rather leave gears 1-4 alone, but the ATRE does not seem to give you that option.

I have read that the 2002 Hayabusa'a ECU was programmed differently, keeping "TRE" from being used to remove the governor, is this true? Just curious. Want to remove mine, but do not know what to do. Any ideas?

Jeffrey

I picked one up for my 02 busa. Seems like some of the owners were getting good result with the TRE and some were not. I talked with a local rider who has one installed on his 02 busa and has put his bike on the dyno and has passed the 9,500 rpms on his bike in 5th. It seems like most members were surpassing the restrictor with there 02's but some werent. I picked up a JSD, I havent had the oppurtunity to test it out. I dont think I will be testing it out. I have heard that it smooths out the throttle response in the first three gears. That is the reason I purchased it. I do a lot of city riding.

I've been talking about this since I bought mine.....I just want more info and no one around here will install it....I could do it myself but as Narc said, if I have to change out all this other crap I can't do it.

I've been talking about this since I bought mine.....I just want more info and no one around here will install it....I could do it myself but as Narc said, if I have to change out all this other crap I can't do it.
just get the TRE. or a power commander($$$)...
I put the TRE on my '02, have not checked to see if it is unrestricted now, but definitely can tell the timing is more advanced... ballzier for sure.
beerchug.gif

Cache,

I'm no rocket scientist by any means, I put a GPak over 3 on my 02 and it slowed it down in the 8th by 2 to 3 10ths of a second...Needless to say I took it right back off...If I understand correctly any advance in the ignition should mean quick response which equates into faster speed on the low end...I'm I close to right or in left field???

Also have a PC3R how much were you trying to spend on one...Been thinking of taking it off because it can't find a map fo rmy set up that is even close and I don't have access to a local shop with a Dyno...

STUNNAH, advanced timing is going to be quicker response, but can hinder as well. The best outcome is with proper dyno... air/fuel mixture, timing, fuel delivery, yada yada yada... lots of variables. I don't drag race mine yet, nor have I dyno'd it. I primarily want powercommander so I can adjust for my airbox mod and for my exhaust. The TRE was a significant gain for me, but not what I'm lookin for.

If you are interested in selling your PCR3, name a price. I have found a new one for $300. Generally a used electronic device would wholesale for half its original value. That would be $150 in my eyes, but I think if it is in good shape, and if guaranteed by the seller, it should be worth $200. Anybody chime in here if I'm wrong.

You can get an ATRE that will unrestrict it, then you might want to get a 220 faceplate and a yellowbox to fix your speedo, but I have a 1999 ecu that I have not gotten around to plugging in my 02 'busa. My theroy on the ECU is, if it does not work take it out and get a timing retard eliminator, I have heard that on the 99 and 00 bikes, gears 1-4 had some degree of timing retard so if your drag racing you might want to look at getting a TRE for your older ECU.
Hey Guys and Gals,

Since this topic came up, I think now is a good time for me to grab some info that I need. According to all the reading I have done, the "ATRE" does not derestrict the '02. I also read this same thing on the "ATRE" website. Does anybody know for sure. I like the "ATRE" better because you can fine tune each gear. That is way cool, but if it doesn't get rid of the restrictor then I don't want to bother with it.

Brian

I have used the 6.8k resistor and have no problem hitting 10,500 in 5 and 6. Maybe because I use the yosh ems with their map instead of the pcIIIr. I see alot of you saying it doesn't work but I see you all have the pcIIIr in common. Mine is completely unrestricted. anyone else using yosh ems?

Kerberos,

Maybe it is the 6.8K resistor that makes all the difference. I have seen the Yosh EMS and it appears to be a duplicate of the Power Commander with a few different options...I am also ending my quest for more top end speed and concentrating on 1/8 and 1/4 mile times...

STUNNAH

Cache,

I was hoping to get 250 for it, it also has the battery jack to make adjustments if off the bike to power the unit...I have however lost the little red end cap that covers units connector pins when installed...Otherwise it is in perfect condition with all papers and CD...

STUNNAH

OK. I am new so, "Hi" everyone.

Here's what my dealer told me and another Busa owner from Mass. The TRE or the $6 part you can buy, does unrestrict the 5th and 6th gear, but it also unrestricts the starter retard. That means if you aren't careful it will catapult the starter right out of the block. The guy in Mass has been racing his Busa for three years and knows his stuff as well as the dealer who races himself. They have both seen this problem on their own bikes. The dealer told me to get the Akrapovic and do the airbox mod with a stock map and the bike will run mint, but I will still have the restriction. Hopefully someone will come up with something soon.

That's my 2 cents

what do you mean by "careful"? How can one be careful starting the busa? Do you mean to start the busa restricted and then switch it over after it is running? THis is what I do anyway. I never start the busa unrestricted.

I mean careful as in if you hit it quick and it doesn't catch then hit it again. That's when it can go kaboom. At least that is what I got from what the friend said. He was pretty upset when his starter came out of the block.

Back