unrestricted

busafan08

Registered
Ok so i have been reading here and there but little confused so one question for you gurus what do i have to do to unrestrict my gen 2 to make it same as the unrestricted faster :laugh: 99 2000 models my bike is stock except for yosi slip ons TA :thumbsup:

As far as I know,just have the ECU flashed and turn off the top speed restriction(which will make you faster than any Gen I['99 and '00 included]since Gen II's average about 25+ hp more mod for mod).

I'm no expert but from what I've read the only unrestricted Busa's are the '99 and '00 year models. Flashing the ECU for performance is the way to go, but I'm not sure that it really becomes unrestricted. The Gen II's are packing a little extra weight but about 25 ponies as well. The Gen II's from what I've read have been seriously detuned by the factory and there's many things that can be done to properly tune these bikes.

The 99-00 Busa are capable of 194mph.
Everything Japanese after that is limited to 186mph/300kph.
With the restrictions removed, an 01 to 07 Busa is also obviously capable of 194mph.
With restrictions removed an 08 to 14 Busa is capable of 197mph.
Keep in mind that this doesn't mean the bike will do that speed. Only with enough road(most likely over 1 mile), no head wind, good air temperature and humidity, elevation will change it, the rider's size and weight, ect. There are a lot of variables.
Stock gearing limits the bikes from going any faster. A gen2 needs a 41 tooth rear sprocket(stock is 43), or a 55 series rear tire(stock is a 50 series which is slightly shorter) to break 200mph. Again, that doesn't mean you can do 200mph.
The gen1 also needs taller gearing or tire, but it also needs more hp. The faster you go, the harder it is to continue to go faster.
The gen2's top speed limiter is removed along with the lower timing restrictions now in later versions of Ecu Editor(previously you could remove them separately). With the restrictions gone the gen2 is noticeably more aggressive at lower rpm's.
That's worth doing.

The 99-00 Busa are capable of 194mph.
Everything Japanese after that is limited to 186mph/300kph.
With the restrictions removed, an 01 to 07 Busa is also obviously capable of 194mph.
With restrictions removed an 08 to 14 Busa is capable of 197mph.
Keep in mind that this doesn't mean the bike will do that speed. Only with enough road(most likely over 1 mile), no head wind, good air temperature and humidity, elevation will change it, the rider's size and weight, ect. There are a lot of variables.
Stock gearing limits the bikes from going any faster. A gen2 needs a 41 tooth rear sprocket(stock is 43), or a 55 series rear tire(stock is a 50 series which is slightly shorter) to break 200mph. Again, that doesn't mean you can do 200mph.
The gen1 also needs taller gearing or tire, but it also needs more hp. The faster you go, the harder it is to continue to go faster.
The gen2's top speed limiter is removed along with the lower timing restrictions now in later versions of Ecu Editor(previously you could remove them separately). With the restrictions gone the gen2 is noticeably more aggressive at lower rpm's.
That's worth doing.

First time I've read a statement like this. Sounds great.

Sixpack is always taking the time to explain this thoroughly to those who asked. He told me the same thing a year or so ago. Makes you understand what an ecu flash I all about. You are a good and helpful dude Sixpack!

Sixpack is always taking the time to explain this thoroughly to those who asked. He told me the same thing a year or so ago. Makes you understand what an ecu flash I all about. You are a good and helpful dude Sixpack!

Thank you sir, but I'm just passing it along:beerchug:

Back