Unknown Header Investigation, Please Help!

Deathtornado

Registered
I have recently purchased a downed Hayabusa which I am fixing backup for a daily rider, long story short is I blew a motor on another busa, got this crashed one and I'm going through the slow process of melding them into one nice ride. anyway I have a header on this new one which does not have any markings on it, I know its after market for several reasons, so please look at the pics and tell me what you think? thanks for any and all help in this process.

IMG_4264.JPG

IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4266.JPG

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4270.JPG

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4278.JPG

Springs seem to be the dead give away. I bet my bottom dollar thats a yosh.

Springs seem to be the dead give away. I bet my bottom dollar thats a yosh.
I’m with viper. Looks like the header on my r77 full exhaust, but it’s been a months since I installed it can’t remember all the deatails.

I would say some sort of Yoshi but not a gen 2 R77. Looks like it went Frankenstein from the header back. Is this a Gen 1?

looking at the exhaust I noticed the bridge pipe that connects the 2 center tubes, this one does not have that.

Yup. That's what got me looking at your post and then I remembered I had some good shots of the pipe prior to install. That could be a Gen 1 vs Gen 2 thing. The bend of the pipes looks different too.

Looking closer at the fabrication of the pipes after the header these are definitely fabricated in someone's shop. Look at the welds and the way the pipes are spliced with welded collar joints. My bet is this person wanted a full exhaust but wanted two cans rather than the 4-1 of a full Yoshi. So they cut the header pipes and fabricated it into a 4-2. Provided the pipe joints aren't leaking, this will probably work. But exhaust systems are incredibly more complex than they look and you are almost always better off mounting them and leaving them alone! At a minimum, you might want to get this on a dyno and see if this exhaust is causing fluctuations in your AFR.

Looking closer at the fabrication of the pipes after the header these are definitely fabricated in someone's shop. Look at the welds and the way the pipes are spliced with welded collar joints. My bet is this person wanted a full exhaust but wanted two cans rather than the 4-1 of a full Yoshi. So they cut the header pipes and fabricated it into a 4-2. Provided the pipe joints aren't leaking, this will probably work. But exhaust systems are incredibly more complex than they look and you are almost always better off mounting them and leaving them alone! At a minimum, you might want to get this on a dyno and see if this exhaust is causing fluctuations in your AFR.

yes, dyno will be done asap for sure. I will pull it out completely when I get a chance to show the full pipe.

or just get a used nice condition full exhaust.... and power commander.. and be done with it.. ure gonna want an exhaust anyway... then what r u gonna do.. head back to the dyno? there are groups on FB and on here with some killer deals on used busa parts.. get rid of that Frankenstein exhaust before u regret it.

if you know of any decent used setups I would be grateful, or provide some of the links that you mentioned would also be a great help. I really dont want to drop 13 on a new setup to be honest as I am not sure if this is going to be a forever bike or a step into another direction.

Back