Unintentional wheel spin........whew

miserycaptain

Donating Member
Registered
Went for a little ride last Sunday with a buddy on a Buell and.........(no real relevance to the story)

Last stop sign before the restaurant stop and I take off first. I went about 1/8 throttle with a normal takeoff then backed off and gave her a quick yank back to about 1/4 throttle expecting the normal front end lift. Not this time, when I cracked it the rear tire broke free and I did a little stunt riding for a second. The unreal power of these machines is just amazing!

I can see how a lesser experienced rider could have had a serious situation on their hands at that moment. I don't have tremendous amounts of experience but I knew what not to do in a case like this and I rode it out. When we got stopped I asked my boy, hey, you see that and he says yeah man, you were doing some showboatin! I had to explain to him over lunch how I misjudged the bikes response to my input! Just to clarify, my intention was not to wheelie but just extend the forks to max and feel the near lift off! :laugh: What a freaking rush! :cheerleader:

Glad it worked out for you. I've seen some nasty little highsides happen that way. :thumbsup:

I am very surprised at how calm I was considering this was totally unexpected!

Last edited:
This is precisely why begginers need to learn to ride before mounting a SS or HS bike. They aren't very forgiving.
Posted via Mobile Device

Went for a little ride last Sunday with a buddy on a Buell and.........(no real relevance to the story)

Last stop sign before the restaurant stop and I take off first. I went about 1/8 throttle with a normal takeoff then backed off and gave her a quick yank back to about 1/4 throttle expecting the normal front end lift. Not this time, when I cracked it the rear tire broke free and I did a little stunt riding for a second. The unreal power of these machines is just amazing!

I can see how a lesser experienced rider could have had a serious situation on their hands at that moment. I don't have tremendous amounts of experience but I knew what not to do in a case like this and I rode it out. When we got stopped I asked my boy, hey, you see that and he says yeah man, you were doing some showboatin! I had to explain to him over lunch how I misjudged the bikes response to my input! Just to clarify, my intention was not to wheelie but just extend the forks to max and feel the near lift off! :laugh: What a freaking rush! :cheerleader:

Its because its the fastest color, duhhhh :p fastest color = +15 hp to the wheels :laugh:

:beerchug: Good job.

I've been reading about the rear brakes not being effective so I thought I would try to lock it up at about 25-30. It was easy and not bad to control.

Nice way to make it out without a scratch you know what they say though.....(See below)

Balls.jpg

Glad to hear that you were able to reel her back in! So what exactly did she do for you? Lil' tabletop action? Or just some side to side azz shaking?

I am with you the power of this bike can catch you off guard if you get too relaxed. I know my Haineko will bite me if I do.

Glad you rode it out ok.

I've got a little side street on my way home where I pop it up, like 10 inches,(chop the throttle at 25mph in first and snap it up on the bounce) nothin to brag about...

today I popped it up but it didn't lift enough, so I tried to feed it more throttle to compensate and did a 6 inch wheelie and burn out.:please:

Prolly no big deal for most guys here but i ain't done wheelies since I had a dirt bike as a teenager. Made me pucker a bit.:lol:

Rob

Glad you kept it goin.I did this a few times after I got mine. Realy wakes you up.

A big ole wake up and hang on and most of all, pay attention! Mostly just a some rear end zig zag is what I got but we all know how the zag can end. :please:

Gotta love the ability to spin the wheel at will.. No matter the road surface, the busa will always light it up.

Back