Unfriendly sportbike riders...Do you guys experience them?

I was coming home tonight on my '99 Copper and pulled up behind two guys on literbikes close enough that they knew I was there, at the traffic light. These guys completely ignored me and would not even acknowledge my presence... They were riding literbikes too. I usually am friendly to all bikers, regardless of bike type (even Harleys). The other day, a guy on a Ducati monster glanced at me at an intersection and completely gave the cold shoulder. I expect this stuff from Harley guys and mopeds, not the sportbike genre! I don't want to think this way, and it seems silly to me, but are many non-Busa riders intimidated by the presence of the Busa?

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
They are Intimidated by your BUSA. It happens to me ALL THE TIME !!! I just Ride by them and Smirk as I Look in My Mirrors :thumbsup:

I do get a response some times, but many people blow me off. I feel stupid waving at them only to have them ignore me. The people in this area (MD/DC/VA) seem to be kinda snobby or tough acting. I could be wrong, but it I distinctly get that feeling.

Did you wave and acknowlege the Ducati rider first? Or did you think he gave you the cold shoulder becasue he did not wave to you FIRST?

If I am at an intersection I am not going to turn around to wave to some stranger that is behind me. Maybe if your next to me but behind me, most likely not.

I rarely wave first to anyone but I always wave back, give the head nod, acknowlege another, etc to any person (cruiser, sportie, even cagers) that says hi to me first. Its not an antisocial behavior, I just tend to enjoy my ride without really caring if the guy on a gixxer four lanes away traveling in the opposite direction waves to me.

djsin

Lily's Daddy
Registered
I never hae that problem either, i will pull right up next to not behind them.....I will make sure they wave or smile or nod....if not i do a nice burnout in front of them so they can eat my rubber:laugh:

Jaysus

Bling Free
Donating Member
Registered
Well a lot of riders are under the impression that busa riders think we’re better than them an don’t care for a lot of us. I guess they think we’re all posers.

Did you wave and acknowlege the Ducati rider first? Or did you think he gave you the cold shoulder becasue he did not wave to you FIRST?

If I am at an intersection I am not going to turn around to wave to some stranger that is behind me. Maybe if your next to me but behind me, most likely not.

I rarely wave first to anyone but I always wave back, give the head nod, acknowlege another, etc to any person (cruiser, sportie, even cagers) that says hi to me first. Its not an antisocial behavior, I just tend to enjoy my ride without really caring if the guy on a gixxer four lanes away traveling in the opposite direction waves to me.
I kept looking at the Ducati guy and intended to wave as he got closer. I usually am the first to acknowledge people. Another thing with the literbike guys, I was right NEXT to them at the following light! Complete and blatant blow off. I was thinking, wtf? I'm not a squid or a kid either.

Well a lot of riders are under the impression that busa riders think we’re better than them an don’t care for a lot of us. I guess they think we’re all posers.
Wow, I didn't realize that. I certainly don't give them any reason to feel that way. Maybe the mighty copper is just too much for them :whistle:

niso

Registered
Usually never a problem except maybe with ape hangers and skull caps, I even wave at scooters and always chat at the lites with other bike riders if they are next to me.

GMbusa

Even a caveman can do it.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm a nice guy but don't always greet other riders. If I don't feel like being all cheerful I won't.

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Don't take it personal, different breed riding these days. Also in heavy traffic waving is optional. Never had anyone on an open road not wave.

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I'm tired of "The Wave". Some days I feel like the Homecoming Queen in the parade, waving my azz off. I think it's causing permanent damage to elbow and wrist. Now I've got to worry about hurting a rider's feelings if I don't acknowledge them with a wiggle of the hand? :rofl: It's become a burden I can't bear it any longer, some one may burn his tire to the cords due to my thoughtless snubbing.

Why can't we all just Ride? :banghead: We need to stop this insanity before it destroys the sport. Stop The Wave..................Stop The Wave!!!