Unfair Supreme court ruling

The airlines need "Obese Seating"...Preferrably in the front in case of a crash...
or
Allow average sized americans to sit on obese people cause they can be comfy...LoL

There are a lot of overweight people in this country and i dont feel that is right to let them take over two seats for the price one because of a lifestyle choice. I understand that some people have problems and stuff but i think this is a begining of an avalanche. Next thing you we are goin to be givin free airline seats to illegal immigrants...I am taking a physiology class right now and all it takes is 30 minutes 5 times a week to better yourself. this can be as simple as walking on a treadmill while watching tv. I think its time for Americans to take responsibility for themselves and their actions. Help yourself instead of complaining to the government demanding help

My question is: What is the threshold for determining whether or not someone gets an additional seat? Like I said I am 6'3" 240, but I fit well in a coach seat, at least horizontaly, verticaly it sucks because my knees usually are pressed against the seat in front. I would love the extra seat so I can shift my legs over to be more comfortable.

I saw a documentary comparing fat people to smokers. Why is it ok to ridicule a smoker for smoking, but not yell at a fattie for being obese? They predicted the trend would change over the next few years.

Who says it is not ok? Fat people are way funnier than smokers.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    546.1 KB · Views: 141
30 years ago, people were still concerned about offending others. the smoker would think first before blowing smoke into others faces negating the need to ask him to stop.
Likewise a heavy guy might GO OUT OF HIS WAY to not bother others - maybe buy a second seat if needed without being told or asked in the first placed.

Times have changed. For the better? no.

NOW, it's all about "me". When did that start anyway? Some whiney, spanked child grew up and got even more selfish? I'm curious, when did it become "all about me"? Anyone know?

We shouldn't have to get to the point where we NEED to tell people common sense things [sigh]

If you really want to know the answer I suggest the book "Death of the Grown-up: How America's Arrested Development Is Bringing Down Western Civilization" by Diana West. Its a very interesting read. It discusses how "that's how its always been" isn't really true and the "ME-ism" in our culture today.

I have claustrophobia. if i get a note from my doctor can i have 2 seats for the price of one?

30 years ago, people were still concerned about offending others. the smoker would think first before blowing smoke into others faces negating the need to ask him to stop.
Likewise a heavy guy might GO OUT OF HIS WAY to not bother others - maybe buy a second seat if needed without being told or asked in the first placed.

Times have changed. For the better? no.

NOW, it's all about "me". When did that start anyway? Some whiney, spanked child grew up and got even more selfish? I'm curious, when did it become "all about me"? Anyone know?

We shouldn't have to get to the point where we NEED to tell people common sense things [sigh]

I'll tell you when it became "all about me". It was right around the time the dumb ditz burned her woman parts on McDonalds coffee and won the silly lawsuit.

Was the coffee to hot to be spilled on ones self? Yes

Did it partially disfigure her? That's what she says

Was she in control of the cup at the time? No, that's why it spilled. She was trying to drive and drink hot coffee. Hello dumb @$$ ?!?!

Now everything is fair game. :banghead:

so this actually hits home with me. I'm on a plane, well at least 4 planes each week... sometimes as many as 10 flights. Some of you know me, I'm not a little guy but damn it I fit my as$ in my seat, my seat belt fits... even on the tiny regional jets.

I have been the victim of sitting beside some huge fuggers, one dude was so big on a little jet that I stood more than I sat...and that was on us SCAirways home of the tightest seats in the air. The flight crew, also not skinny minis could care less. :banghead:

I was on an American flight (my preferred carrier) to San Juan. The guy behind me couldnt fit his big anus in the seat... and this was on an airbus 300, not a tiny plane. Kept kicking my seat, hitting the headrest, etc because I wanted to put my seat back and sleep on the freakin 5hr flight. Fortunately status matters, the flight crew moved his big ole as$ back to the "open seat" which was actually smaller (back of the plane vs front of coach) and right beside the shidder. :laugh:

Now, I think if your anus dont fit, you buy your butt more space. Paying to increase to to bus. or first class makes sense sometimes, however you are only really talking about an extra 3" of width to the seat in most planes. The biggest difference is space between seat backs when you move to the front of the bus.

The real problem is people dont take responsibility for their actions. If you are a big anus person, its not a secret to you, plan ahead. Its not like some size 6 lady or a guy with a 36" waist cant fit in the seats... these are size 20+ and dudes with 44" waists that cant fit.... You aint shopping off the rack when your as$ is that big :poke:

Maybe I have a bad back and need to lie down on long flights.??? How many seats will that take????:poke:

If that fat people are entitled to 2 seats the skinny person should also be entitled to 2 seats also. If not that would be discrimination so if your skinny just reserve the two seats

Rediculous! Fat people are fat because they eat to much and don't excercise.
We all put on some weight as you get older but you can still control it. I am currently watching what I eat and are going to the gym.

If I am too fat I get high blood pressure and can not enjoy my way of life like riding my Busa for one. I am 6'3 and 230 pounds.

I think that really fat people should stay at home and not inconvenience the rest of us.

There is definetly a case for a normal person suing a fat person for intruding into their seat space.

Giving an obese person two seats is unfair. After all running an airline is a business and the object is to make a profit not to make obese people comfortable.

Frankly I have a dim view of obese people.:rulez:

Pine

Last edited:
Back