Unfair Supreme court ruling

To be clear, I am fully aware that there are exceptional physiologies out there that prevent some folks from controlling their weight/size. But I also believe that those cases are statistically insignificant. In addition, anothers condition should not automatically impose itself on those whom do not have the condition. <i.e., I have a broken leg but want to run the NY marathon, therefore, everyone without a broken leg must run slower, withdraw from the race or break their leg to participate> Are ya kiddin' me?

Functionally disabled? WTF? You don't understand, I have a disease, it involves standing at the refridgerator for long periods beyond my control. :poke:
Give me a break!!
Seems to me that those who suffer from "self-inflicted" functional disability should be disqualified from this two seat priviledge.

I agree!

That's messed up, if your super sized a55 cannot fit in a regular airline seat you should have to pony up dough till your big butt fits.

Or maybe fly Air Freight. :rofl:

Hell at least have enough common sense to know your huge and should even TRY to fly coach. I know this sounds harsh but what the hell? You eat like a pig, you get huge, you pay more to fly. Simple.

In fact, Airlines should charge rates based on what you weigh. :thumbsup: You a been pole? Suwheet, your ticket is $150. You weigh in at 250lbs you pay 300. You a food addicted land whale? Just like shamoo it's going to cost ya, $750-1000 or so...

Makes sense to me.

As for obesity, the fact that it's been labeled a disease is partially to blame for it being so prevalent, convince some poor schmuck that it's NOT their fault and they are merely victims... Perfect excuse for the average plus American Land-yacht. Funniest damn thing though, ever notice the complete lack of this "disease" in countries where food is scarce, more expensive, or in countries where you just cannot waddle into McD's and overindulge? There may be a hundred different causes as to why someone is a beast, but in the end, glandular, hereditary, etc... If you aren't piling calories into your bovine maw, you won't be obese...

And yeah lets talk about folks letting their kids balloon up like they are some sorta Hansle and Grettle cautionary tale... FEED EM' A FREAKING SALAD!!!! Chase the butterball around the house for awhile, Turn off the TV, DO SOMETHING ACTIVE... Give the kids at least a fighting chance, fat kids have little chance of slimming down later in life, good habits start early...

Functionally disabled? WTF? You don't understand, I have a disease, it involves standing at the refridgerator for long periods beyond my control. :poke:
Give me a break!!
Seems to me that those who suffer from "self-inflicted" functional disability should be disqualified from this two seat priviledge.

I am a two seat person and I have to agree. This supreme court ruling is stupid an totally unfair to the airlines. Must be a bunch fat cheap ass judges that ruled I don't understand how they could have ruled it like that.

I just got caught on the flight back from OKC with this ultra morbid obese lady that was half in my seat... I was totally miserable for 4 hours squished against the arm rail... the plane was full and no where to go... I am sorry but if your azz is that friggen fat you need to buy 2 seats...

The skinny people should file discrimination lawsuits. If fat people are going to be allowed two seats then the skinny person should be able to take a skinny friend to fill the second seat free of charge.

Fair is fair and rights are rights.

I'd like to point out that the Supreme Court of Canada did not rule on this case. Instead, it refused leave to appeal from the lower court decision. This does not mean that the Canadian Supreme Court endorses the view of the lower court, or even that the case was decided correctly. It simply means that the legal issue is not one of national importance worthy of clarification by the top court. This is how the Canadian legal system works. It would be preferable if the news media reported this correctly.

cheers
ken

so lemme get this straight, if Im in the middle chair and princess fat ass comes and sits down beside me and takes up 2/3s of my seat shouldnt I get a refund of 2/3s the ticket price????

Being an "obese" woman, I would not expect to pay for one seat and occupy two. That just is not fair. But maybe the airline could have a few seats that are special for such people like with handycap persons. Otherwise if you can't fit your butt in a seat, drive yourself where you need to go or take the train.

I am 6'3" 240 and I fit into a coach seat without encroaching on the other 2 seats. I have been on a flight sitting beside a woman who was also about 240, only she was maybe 5'3" she had to sit sort of twisted in her seat to fit. It made the flight miserable for both of us.

On the other hand I was on a flight where I was on the aisle and this freaking hot little lady in a loose fitting sun dress was in the window (brunette by the way). About 10 minutes after take off she takes the little blanket and airline pillow and lays down with her head almost in my lap and snuggled up there pretty much the whole flight. I did not mind that flight as much. :laugh:

If you have the $$ to stuff your face, you have the $$ to buy too seats. Jeez PC runs amok!

I am 6'3" 240 and I fit into a coach seat without encroaching on the other 2 seats. I have been on a flight sitting beside a woman who was also about 240, only she was maybe 5'3" she had to sit sort of twisted in her seat to fit. It made the flight miserable for both of us.

On the other hand I was on a flight where I was on the aisle and this freaking hot little lady in a loose fitting sun dress was in the window (brunette by the way). About 10 minutes after take off she takes the little blanket and airline pillow and lays down with her head almost in my lap and snuggled up there pretty much the whole flight. I did not mind that flight as much. :laugh:
funny how that works, think I would agree with you on this one :)

Now, personally, I've got nothing against anyone. as long as your happy, I'm happy for you. If you 700lbs, so be it, I hope your happy.

Now, that out of the way, my friend and I were talking about this same thing the other day, his fiance and him had just went on a trip to Vegas, and he got stuck next to a rather large person, and we started to discuss how times had changed. Most notably, 30 years ago, no one would have walked up to a smoker and said, could you put that out? we were heading in the direction of how long will it be before it's 'acceptable' to say to overweight people 'your too damn fat, put that cheese burger down'? Not that I'd ever say it to anyone, but just as the public as large.

30 years ago, people were still concerned about offending others. the smoker would think first before blowing smoke into others faces negating the need to ask him to stop.
Likewise a heavy guy might GO OUT OF HIS WAY to not bother others - maybe buy a second seat if needed without being told or asked in the first placed.

Times have changed. For the better? no.

NOW, it's all about "me". When did that start anyway? Some whiney, spanked child grew up and got even more selfish? I'm curious, when did it become "all about me"? Anyone know?

We shouldn't have to get to the point where we NEED to tell people common sense things [sigh]

Back