Unfair Christmas Schedule

Gurley

Registered
Ok so I work at a hospital as some of you know and I was scheduled to work part of Christmas. I work on an outpatient unit and my unit shut down last night due to the census being low and not having any patients beacuse of the holidays. So everyone that works on my unit gets to be off today! EXCEPT ME!!!! They didnt even call me and let me know they had closed so I come in this morning and no one is there. So I go down to our staffing office to see whats up and they inform me that another floor let their CRS off for Christmas and I will be covering her shift from 7am-7pm! So needless to say I will be missing all of Christmas day with my family. I have an hour or so drive home so it will be after 8 tonight when I get home. I just feel like I totally got the shaft!!!! Anyways....Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Sorry to hear the news but be very grateful this christmas you have a job. Many people can't even buy a gift. Be happy :beerchug: the glass is half full thats all.

That is probably one of the results of being "Quiet".. No one expects you to complain or say anything, so you get stepped on... I'm at work as well, so here's a toast for Christmas :beerchug: :laugh:

Take Care, Merry Christmas....

I am very thankful to have a job and dont really mind working part of Christmas day. What pisses me off is the fact that because someone else gets to take the whole day off on another floor that I have to cover their whole shift. When I was only scheduled to work part of the day!

I am very thankful to have a job and dont really mind working part of Christmas day. What pisses me off is the fact that because someone else gets to take the whole day off on another floor that I have to cover their whole shift. When I was only scheduled to work part of the day!

Sounds like it's time for a : :laugh:

flyingbitchslap.jpg

Maybe you've been naughty :laugh: Just joking, I'm working from 0700 to 1900 myself. Big schedule change, but when I looked at it I found that it would make it easier on me to make my families Christmas in NC tomorrow. Got snowed out last weekend. :cheerleader:

:santa:

You are having a better Christmas than the people you are there to help. I am sure that there are patients there that will be alone and ili, go sit with one of them or do something kind for them. Christmas is not about you so stop feeling sorry for yourself and go give a gift of love and caring to someone who would also rather be somewhere else. That is what it is all about.

You are having a better Christmas than the people you are there to help. I am sure that there are patients there that will be alone and ili, go sit with one of them or do something kind for them. Christmas is not about you so stop feeling sorry for yourself and go give a gift of love and caring to someone who would also rather be somewhere else. That is what it is all about.

WOW I agree with Dino on this one.. spend a little time with someone in there. I also am stuck at work all day, I just look at it like since I have noone here(they are all out of town) I might as well let my co-workers have time with their families.

I am sure you arent feeling sorry for yourself just frustrated at the way the situation played out. It would have been nice of them to show the common courtesy of giving you the choice or at least informing you ahead of time.

Either way have a Wonderful Christmas.

Did someone get a chunk of coal ?? :laugh:

so.. i think you must stay up all night for new years..after all whats 2 hours of sleep gona get ya anyway...:laugh:

This time last year, I spent my X-mas (and all other holidays) in Iraq.....away from family and friends. So my X-mas wish is for the safety of my comrades-in-arms who are now covering "my shift" praying that they may come home soon.

As already pointed out, you have so many more reasons to be grateful. Count your blessings and have a Merry X-mas.

Last edited:
ya we all need to be thank full for what we have because times are hard & some have it worse then we do so im just thankfull for what i have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did someone get a chunk of coal ?? :laugh:

Not at all. I have had a wonderful Christmas but when I see a young healthy person in a position to really help complaining that they can't be somewhere else. I think of Shawn and all the other servicemen and women who are deployed, i think of the Christmas eve I spent alone while deployed. Point is there are many that are much worse off and some are members here. Be thankful for what you have and are ae to give.

Merry Christmas.

Not at all. I have had a wonderful Christmas but when I see a young healthy person in a position to really help complaining that they can't be somewhere else. I think of Shawn and all the other servicemen and women who are deployed, i think of the Christmas eve I spent alone while deployed. Point is there are many that are much worse off and some are members here. Be thankful for what you have and are ae to give.

Merry Christmas.

Well, everyone has a right to their own opinion.. I just try not to tell people what they should be doing or how they should spend their day, afterall, it's still a free society.. For now anyway.. :whistle::beerchug:

Merry Christmas..

I think she's just venting frustration as is normal when an event occurs that seems unfair.

Gurley at least your census is low. Seems like around here people send their loved ones to the hospital during the holidays so they can get a break from the caregiving.

Thanks for doing the job you do.

I was suppose to be off from yesterday until Sunday but they brought me in yesterday and worked from 7:30 am until almost 7:00 pm. I was so tired that after I ate a little, took a shower and went to bed at 7:30. Will be working tomorrow, too. We planned to go to Hershey Chocolate world tomorrow but can't go now. Not feeling bad, though. We could always use the extra money.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!

Back