Undertails?

RacingRob

Registered
I'm looking for an undertail that looks like the factory would have done it that way if they didn't have to put that huge mud flap on.
I wouldn't even mind using the stock tail light.
What would you recomend ?
Thanks,

Rob

rob: there's tons of info on undertails on the site.. if you want it to look more like stock without the welding mask on the back, try cutting your undertail down with a dremmel.. you could even get rid of the stock turn signals and get some flush mounts or shorter stocks. before i put my undertail on, i did like a lot of guys do and just chopped the heck out of the stock tail, trimming it way up to just below the license plate bracket..

or, you could do a search as i said, and find tons of pics of undertails on the site. i put on a tail from extreme graphics, which a lot of guys have done.. i think it looks great and you can order them in a configuration which allows you to keep the stock tail light..

hope this helps.

Stock?? Why would you want an undertail that looked stock??

If you meant an undertail that looked professional grade, as if it came like that from the factory. I love mine. UFO undertail from CSC off of this site(one of the ads). It fits like a glove.

rob:  there's tons of info on undertails on the site.. if you want it to look more like stock without the welding mask on the back, try cutting your  undertail down with a dremmel.. you could even get rid of the stock turn signals and get some flush mounts or shorter stocks.  before i put my undertail on, i did like a lot of guys do and just chopped the heck out of the stock tail, trimming it way up to just below the license plate bracket..  

or, you could do a search as i said, and find tons of pics of undertails on the site.  i put on a tail from extreme graphics, which a lot of guys have done.. i think it looks great and you can order them in a configuration which allows you to keep the stock tail light..

hope this helps.
Exactly what Haywood said.  The search function is a little testy, but you can find info on just about every topic you have a question about. Freestyle Corp. and The Motorhead (at suzukihayabusa.org) make undertails that keep the stock taillight.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102415288 -->

Freestyle is the one I'll be getting from Santa.
smile.gif
I like it because it uses the stock tail light and requires no cutting of your bodywork. Many of the others do.

Stock??  Why would you want an undertail that looked stock??

If you meant an undertail that looked professional grade, as if it came like that from the factory.  I love mine.  UFO undertail from CSC off of this site(one of the ads).  It fits like a glove.
Hey I like my stock looking undertail for my Busa.

Try this undertail from ebay. it looks stock and also uses stock lamp

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....y=35583
Thanks for the link !
What do I do for directionals ? Do they get integrated into the tail light ?
That one would also need to be painted. Aren't there some undertails that com matched to the factory colors ?
Yes, I want my cake,,,and I plan on eating it too!
I'll check out some of the undertails mentioned above.
Thanks,

Rob

yes you can get some to "match your Paint" but most are still a little off. You could buy a trailor light kits and integrate the lights into the brake lights. I just suggested that one because it is about as close to stock as you are going to get, and it doesn't cost an arm and a legg. you could use the money you saved to have it painted

Back