UNDERTAILS.......WTF?

your hugger is crooked. i like my tiger tail. 100% functional, and you can stay with the stock tail light or an integrated tail.

That was an accident it got hyperextended along with the half the grab bar and undertail but that piece survived just haven't upgraded whats yours look like?
The tail on the other hand has been changed 5 times and will be prolly 5 more times:type:

I've had no luck with an undertail for my 01 Busa. Does anyone know of an undertail mfg that's worth a crap as far as fitment goes???

I''ve bought two, and no luck. the holes closest to the tail light work, but by the time u get down to the holes near the passenger pegs, they're nowhere near close (width wise).

It's like the undertails are too skinny to fit the width from passenger peg to passenger peg.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT??

banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

Just buy 1 from Yani Shiki, Hell atleast they fit. Everything else O,boy.

Yana Shiki, Fit Great

==========================================================

tail.jpg

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

damn your right i didnt look at it that close. well its gotta be sent back, the lights look good though. good looking out.

I've had no luck with an undertail for my 01 Busa. Does anyone know of an undertail mfg that's worth a crap as far as fitment goes???

I''ve bought two, and no luck. the holes closest to the tail light work, but by the time u get down to the holes near the passenger pegs, they're nowhere near close (width wise).

It's like the undertails are too skinny to fit the width from passenger peg to passenger peg.

banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
I use black wire ties for the holes near the passenger pegs works fine
some one on here told me because i had the same problem it was a cold mold they cooled it down to fast

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

what pissed me off at first is that none of the undertails are plug and play, all of them require splicing which isn't hard, just annoying.

make it plug and play go down to radio shack and get some connector that what i did so the next time i change out my under tail plug and play

banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

when i installed my undertail the two holes your talking about didn't line up perfect but were close. i loosed the bolts on my tail section so i would have some play in there and it worked for me, you can try that before you spend more money on another undertail. i have the hotbodies undertail and IMO the LED's suck on there. i ended up cutting the LED's out and replaced it with my stock light and converted tail light to blinkers also.i can post pics after work if you care to see it. hope this helped.:thumbsup:

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

I like the Clear Alternatives Integrated Brake light, can I convert my HotBodies undertail to use that system? Is that basically what you did. and do you have pics of this convertion?

when i installed my undertail the two holes your talking about didn't line up perfect but were close. i loosed the bolts on my tail section so i would have some play in there and it worked for me, you can try that before you spend more money on another undertail. i have the hotbodies undertail and IMO the LED's suck on there. i ended up cutting the LED's out and replaced it with my stock light and converted tail light to blinkers also.i can post pics after work if you care to see it. hope this helped.:thumbsup:

I was thinking about doing that exact same thing. Cutting the LED's out, and using the stock lights with an integrator. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a couple of pics?

Back