Undertail that keeps stock tailight?

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I have an '07. I am thinking about getting an undertail and also swingarm extensions for a winter project. What undertail keeps the stock tail light? I don't want to spend a ton of cash. I already have the Clear Alternatives integrated LED kit on my bike and want it kept that way. I am also thinking about swingarm extensions, maybe a 4"-6" stretch. I want to make sure that whatever I get is compatible with each other. Any opinion would be appreciated.

07 Busa 025.jpg

catalyst (as stated above), and powerbronze...the old style motorhead ones were a PITA to fit, but I've heard they've gotten better with it. I went with the powerbronze & couldn't be happier (fit like a glove right out of the box).

Good luck,

Dave

Here in FL they just passed a law that the tag has to be 6" from the tail light & has to be seen from all 3 sides..1st stop is $1000 fine..and they are going hard core on it..

Here in FL they just passed a law that the tag has to be 6" from the tail light & has to be seen from all 3 sides..1st stop is $1000 fine..and they are going hard core on it..

That's why I mounted mine at the end of the tail. I think thats the law most everywhere. One less reson to be stopped.

From what I've read on the law is...

The new law requires that the tag be centered on the bike, be at least 24 inches above the ground and be displayed so numbers and letters can be read from left to right.

The above statement would make a lot of Harley riders breaking the law though.

Back