Undertail search

TruWrecks

Banned
Does anybody know where I could get a good looking undertail that I can use the OEM tail light lens. I have a UFO tail light that uses the factory lens, but I haven't found any nice one yet that does not require replacing the lens.

Thanks.

biggrin.gif

I'm not sure who makes it but it's on here some where. If I find it I will let you know.

FreeStyle Corp. makes one that uses the stock undertail. The Motorhead (Dennis) from www.suzukihayabusa.org makes one as well. Do a search for undertail on the board and you will find lots of info on them.

Freestyle is a good one I hear. They have one that retains the stock tail light and requires no cutting of the existing bodywork. The guy is difficult to pin down, however. I've been trying to finalize an order with him myself without much luck. You might be able to reach him at Luchesi@aol.com

I got a reply from Lockhart Phillips. They make a Superbike undertail is look really clean and trick. They've discontinued it, but they're going to try and track one down for me. I'll see how that one goes first.

I did look at http://www.freestylecorp.com/HAYABUSA.HTML I like the looks of it, so it will be my next option.

Thanks.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: "fat fingers..."|1105545356 -->

Got a VERY quick response from LP. They said they'll have the Superbike undertail on the market before Spring. I'll have to do some comparison between the looks of the FreeStyle Corp and LP to see which one I like better. Choices, choices, choices...
biggrin.gif

I really like the look of the freestyle corp. undertail, but where do you order them and how expensive are they....I did not see any link to purchase this, it looks like this could be a sweet b-day gift for myself come March....or maybe a little earlier...

Where would you mount the plate though?
rock.gif
Down by the wheel??? Is it legal to have a plate relocated without a light also???

You'de need to get a L-bracket plat mount. The light requirement is state-by-state. Washington and Oregon both require lighted rear plates. Oregon requires the plate to be mounted on the rear-most part of the bike/car.

I've seen a few sites that offer a lighted swingarm bracket. It uses a white LED to light the plate.

I haven't found out yet if I have to cut the factory fender to fit the LP undertail. I don't really care about reusing the factory fender, but I want a clean drop-in undertail. I should have that answer by the EOB today.
smile.gif

How much is the Free Style Corp undertail going for? The LP undertail is going to be about $220 with a plate bracket.

I was quoted $205 for the one that uses the stock tail lamp. It is color matched to your stock bike color for that price. The one with the euro tail lights is $305 painted.

Doesn't matter though. The guy at Freestyle isn't answering my emails. I had nearly completed the ordering process with him when I stopped hearing from him. You might want to consider another maker.

I think the Free Style Corp just lost a new customer. I don't like ANY seller the leaves me in the dark! I don't care how good the product is. I want someone that will respond in a decent manner and time frame.

I have a business. If I ran my business like that, it wouldn't last very long!

sad.gif

The last time I tried to look at Freestyles website, it was non-existent........

I emailed both the addys that were posted (his personal one and the one on the site) and got no reply.

I too, will have no dealings with this company, or any other company that can't bother to respond when I tell them I want to buy something from them......

TruWrecks, if you decide to just get a complete aftermarket undertail, there's one you might be interested in. If I could figure out how to post pics, I could show you; I have one on my bike. It is a very original look....go to www.tocc.biz to check it out. It has the busa symbols in the lens itself.

Thanks. I looked at that site, but I didn't see any there that retained the stock tail light. If you find any others that use the stock tail light, please let me know.

FreeStyle here, mine was one of the first he sold. But I too agree if he won't answer emails than I check out the one from Motorhead. I had real good luck with freestyle myself. Don't understand, but has been a problem for quite sometime now from several others here on the board that tried to purchace from them with no luck..

dr1300r_039.jpg

Back