Undertail install time??

fast1200gp

Registered
Whats a good time estimate for installing a undertail,,,,just got a new mototeck undertail,just curious own how long i should figure it will take

cool.gif
and then 5 mins for pics.
laugh.gif

Just take your time and it should only take you hour, 2 at most. Unless your anal about things like me, i took my undertail inside and cut my stock connections off my stock lights, soldiered my stock connectors to the mototeck undertail wires so i could still maintain the quick disconnect feature if i had to. I heat shrunk the soldiered areas and zip tied the bundles up nice and neat. Some on here with the mototeck had a problem with the black plastic "snap pins". The holes on the mototeck undertail didnt want to line up well. I only had an issue with one hole and I ended up using a black screw, nut and washer set up because the plastic push pin kept popping out. Good luck with your install and post up pics when your done!

im anal...everything will be soldiered exactlly...ill just take my time and yes when ever its done i will post pics!

Hope you have better luck with the mototeck than me. I'll be putting my 3rd one in as soon as it gets here.

warputer what tag holder is that?  do u have a side shot...thats my delay,,,i need a holder,,,
here...just taken yesterday !

Can't remember the name of company ......all I remember is I found it doing a search on swingarm tag mounts .

<!--EDIT|Warputer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155074031 -->

Beaufort_2006_070.jpg

george if i use the one supplied ,,,then i have to drill holes in the tail,,,,thats the problem,,,then what do i do after i get the swing arm mount,,,??plug holes,,,,nah hacky and cheesey

beautiful bike but why the conti sport?
rock.gif
man the only time i got one of those was to put on a big show for some people by trashing it. u need SHINKO. 005 or 003

I do not know anything about the MotoTek undertail....

But IF you need to cut.... it will take about 2hrs... so either way, it's an easy job!

Back