undertail for lowered stretched busa

MeanGreen94Z

Registered
i bought a yanishaka (sp?) undertail and while riding 2 up (im 160 and my pass was 120) the bike ate the undertail, im only 2 low in the back and 1 up front. what is a better undertail to use on this? im going to stiffen up my shock a little because my weight and a rider doesnt really equal to some riders total weight with just them on there haha so i dont think its all in the shock. i ride 2 up more than i ride alone really. i searched only to fine 0 answers to this question and i can only find 3 options for tails. any recommendations? i really dont like my current one due to NEVER being able to see my brake lights.

im 8 inches out, have a 200 rear tire and am lowered 2 inches in the rear.

i dont like the hot bodies one due to it hanging lower than my current one, i hate the dual tail lights also and the cyclops thing some have here is hideous to me. the tiger tail i dont like due to the mud flap looking thing and the one i have now will never work.

I have always have the tire rub the undertails when I lowered and streched the bike. It will be interesting to see if anyone dont have this problem.

I changed out the rear spring with a allthingschrome one. It doesn't rub anymore, but with the stock spring there isn't much you can do when it's stretched and lowered.

Im 8 inches back, lowered 2 inch in rear and 3/4 inch in front. Got a tracdyamics spring and never had a problem.

The problem is not the undertail.

It's the setup of the suspension on the bike when you stretch it. We've got quite a few repeating topics on this subject through the years.

Btw, not many undertails still on the market for the Gen-I, the ones you mentioned already are what's readily available.

Mine had serious issues with rubbing even when i was riding solo, i was figuring i needed a better spring, the preload on mine is cranked way down. When i was trying to straighten out my front end i adjusted the rebound and dampening on the rear to the specs from the jinkster attacks suspension thread and have yet to marry the tire and the tail since. While i know i still need to do the spring it has helped immensely, a good friend of mine is a slightly pudgy gal(but still hot not real big :laugh:) and she can ride on the back now without rubbing. im 10" out on a 240

Back