Ultra HP builds

Actual volume of methanol to run 700 hp would be around 8.75 l/min so a reasonable pump to supply this and a margine would realy need about 10l/min , more than 2x 044, more than the aeromotive A1000 , i would probably investigate the possability of using the waterpump drive for a mechanical fuel pump and run an electric water pump ,or as its methanol you could just about dry block it (maybe not for landspeed)
Old speedway guy i learnt a lot from in my younger days ran methanol, and would use engine temp as his only tuning tool, if it was running less than 90C he would lean it off a little , higher than 90C needed richer.. Kept it simple and worked well

I used to ride with Hank Booth WAAAY back in the day...Before he got into cocaine and lost his business, he was known for sickest turbo builds in state of Montana (well in US for that matter)...Shame what happened to him

- 700hp Hayabusa[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
good lord. that's ridiculous. what would that do with a tire on the pavement?

good lord. that's ridiculous. what would that do with a tire on the pavement?

Anything over 500 rear wheel can be a problem on the street, depending on conditions. White cement hooks better than blacktop - either way, make sure your rear tire is warmed up, and you got something good back there. The most I ever put down successfully on the street was 500 . . . I can't even describe how brutal that felt! I can't imagine going WFO with over 700 rear wheel . . . no one has successfully put that down on a drag strip on a 190 tire that I know of, it would most likely just blow the tire away on the street . . .:whistle:

I have run that head gasket for over 5,000 miles on this kit. The integrity of the head gasket has more to do with the studs and the tune . . . detonation is a big cause of gasket failure, as are crappy studs. It is also wise to check the straightness of both the cylinder and head surface, and if you need to make any cuts, have both surfaces ground, and not fly cut.

Build your foundation strong, and your house will stand . . .:rulez:

You dont ground aluminum you mill it:poke:

You dont ground aluminum you mill it:poke:

You're right, you don't "ground" aluminum, you grind it. Milling is for old-school KZ1000 heads and such, motors that use composite or copper for a head gasket. MLS gaskets - like the one used on Hayabusa heads - require a much finer surface, with is why they are ground. It has to do with something called an "RA" number. Do some research, you will see what I mean. :rulez:

RA number is a measure of how smooth the surface is. it's a measure used in machining. i can't remember which way the scale goes tho, whether higher numbers are a smoother surface or a rougher one

RA number is a measure of how smooth the surface is. it's a measure used in machining. i can't remember which way the scale goes tho, whether higher numbers are a smoother surface or a rougher one
higher the number the rougher it is ;)

Back