Ultimate wilderness adventure

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Just got back last night from one week in a primative cabin with 10 pro level mountainbikers. We were in n/central Idaho next to hot springs and every day rode into backcountry over mountain peaks and down singletrack I thought only existed in movies like Avitar! For example, for eight miles we hammered uphill in 1st/2nd gear on a 6% to 16% trail, I've never reached so deep in my life. When at the top, we went down two downhills (called Upper Drain and Lower Drain). There were about twentyfive to thirty 15-20 foot high berms seemingly going straight down! I felt my suspension squat to the bottom with the force, each corner spat me out a mini straight where you had to immediately get down for the next one. This was a level of mountain biking I had only seen on TV. Imagine, you could go WAY HIGH on the berm then shoot down for even more speed for the exit....it was so hard packed it was like asphalt.
On other days in very technical sections, I crashed hard (body slams on rocks) three times during the week, all harder than USMC bootcamp. Like motorcycling, I learned there are infinite levels of skill and performance in bicycling, awaiting us all if we're just willing to go there! Anyways, had to share a little on the org. Doyle

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

Damn Dogg! You be careful on those motor-less bikes!
I just got the Dual Sport back together and did some dirt this weekend and HAD A FIGGIN BLAST! Although I did commit the biggest No-No of off-roading (Going Solo on my first time out), I had a great time and got lost with little gas remaining for the trip home.
But as you stated earlier, this bike has (and will) take me to places that few others will get to!

Hoping you are well and look forward to our next meeting, may it be long, or may it be short, it is always a pleasure!
Bubba

Damn Dogg! You be careful on those motor-less bikes!
I just got the Dual Sport back together and did some dirt this weekend and HAD A FIGGIN BLAST! Although I did commit the biggest No-No of off-roading (Going Solo on my first time out), I had a great time and got lost with little gas remaining for the trip home.
But as you stated earlier, this bike has (and will) take me to places that few others will get to!

Hoping you are well and look forward to our next meeting, may it be long, or may it be short, it is always a pleasure!

Bubba

Hi Bubba... Cool that you got a dual sport! That's another great thing to do, in an hour you can really get to "back country" on those things. Maybe some day we could do an adventure tour together! Doyle

My wife is from that area and we go up there every couple of years. It is always missed when we are away.

Ouch!! But sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing pics!

:thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Hi Bubba... Cool that you got a dual sport! That's another great thing to do, in an hour you can really get to "back country" on those things. Maybe some day we could do an adventure tour together! Doyle

Definitely!
I do like your new avatar as well! That bike looks Sick!!!
Went out last Sat and ate it in the soft sand, only bruised the ego and broke a few "non essential" pieces off the bike. I did about 40 miles (mostly alone again, naturally). I am getting to know the bike and the methods of riding the Mt dirt, give me a year and I will be able to keep up with the fast riders and will be ready for a Real Dirt Bike. This is more fun than a man should be allowed to have in a lifetime!

Doyle, have you done Silverwood - Miller Canyon - Pinnacles or Deep Creek? I am riding there a lot both on the DS and the Jeep! Great times!

Ride safe and look forward to our next meeting!
Bubba

Back