Ultimate SUCKNESS!!! 3 hours to change PLUGS!

BigDiesel

Registered
well, it woulda been ONLY 2 hours if all I did was change plugs...but I had to pull my Speedohealer *fried* cuz I had no speedometer-I was tryin very hard to make sure I dint speed for the last 2 mos:whistle:

I have an Ohlins Triple-clamp-mounted Steering Stabilizer and I was just blessed with the ORDEAL of removing the ENTIRE thing *which involves pulling OFF top triple* :banghead: just to open the mut%$#@fu*$in gas tank so I could get to my plugs *ps:plugs shud be changed every 7500mi. according to OEM...mine were in there for bout....15ooo:banghead: guess those NGKs are pretty sturdy*

Bike runs like its' out ta get somebody again! twist'a tha wrist and she sits back n GOES! before she sounded n DROVE like a HD-sputtering and on/off with the power...it cleared up above 5k, so i figgered it was about time I swapped the plugs:whistle:

for anybody who has a top-mount steering damper, or is thinking about one-might be a factor to keep in mind esp. for racers/turbo bike owners who need quick-access to their tank...I know that Ohlins has a stock-mount location kit too but I like having the adjustable damping at my fingers.

I didnt know about the top-mount kit being in the way before I bought the Ohlins damper...but after riding around with this thing on, and screaming my head off at the bike after trying to pull the tank off by unbolting the rear of the tank:banghead: to clear the stupid mount under the triple...oh yeah did I mention the BONUS? the nut holding the center mount under the triple clamp?? Happens to be 1 1/4" which comes in like, NO standard socket kits, so I had to go buy one. EVEN after all that? Heck yea I'd buy this Ohlins damper...after I buttoned it up I jumped back on, hit my closest interstate n let my right hand twitch a lil...speed is fun, but controlled speed is great!

hmm just ticked over 25,000 on my factory plugs.. wanna do mine now?

That's a bad ordeal. Changed mine and was in and out in 30 minutes, but I don't have that fancy, schmancy dampner. :laugh:

That's a bad ordeal. Changed mine and was in and out in 30 minutes, but I don't have that fancy, schmancy dampner. :laugh:
I hate stuff that just makes a job harder :banghead: Times a valuable thing, and I hate wasting it. I'd have to be a race track junkie to install something like that that made raising the tank that kind of ordeal. Hell I'd prolly never change my plugs, clean my filter, or adjust my idle. I love the fact the tanks up in a matter of minutes....one of the features I love most about the bus. It almost offsets the fact you gotta remove the whole damn side panel and all its interconnecting bits and pieces just to change the oil filter ???

GPR damper stays in place for tank removal and the side panel does not have to be removed for oil changes. :whistle:

GPR damper stays in place for tank removal and the side panel does not have to be removed for oil changes. :whistle:
Are you talking about the prying the side panel out to reach the filter? I'm going to try that for the next oil change...we'll see how well it works :laugh: As long as I don't have to fight that plastic bs I'll pry on whatever I have to :thumbsup: Thats one thing I love about the 14 is kawi actually designed the plastic with an opening under the front to reach the oil filter, without having to remove a thing. All you pull off is the oil drain plug and the filter.........thats it! Oh yeah :laugh:

Hey "D"..does this mean you put something back on in the rear. Last time I heard you had no arm or wheel. What did you end up doing back there???

what do you need that dampener for any ways you dont' corner with that thing. :laugh: anyways i thought it was in pieces as well. you need to ride up this away soon.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: OMG brother im there with ya im racing my first 1/4 this friday and i keep puttin off changin mine for that same reason glad im not the only one lol
busa4.jpg

Did mine in about 45 mins for the first time. Something to be said about reading the manual and having the right tools.

Back