Ultimate Sniper Rifle? (Video)

The .408 Chey-Tac is by far the best anti-personnel sniper cartridge availible due to the ballistic coefficient of the projectile. When your talking anti-material destruction, I would give the tried and true .50 BMG sniper rifle the nod. Just my humble opinion....Brokenchickenleg--benchrest shooter, skeet shooter and BS shooter...

Last edited:
A very good weapons system, there is more than a rifle goin on there. Give it to a novice with no training and it may as well be an "over the counter" hunting rifle.

We all know you have one, so what say you Blanca!:whistle:

I thought the 416 Barrett broke that record,....still bad azz though. Liked the Iphone app they were using also. I think it's called ballistic fte.

I'm sure Blanca will be along shortly.

Chris

I thought the 416 Barrett broke that record,....still bad azz though. Liked the Iphone app they were using also. I think it's called ballistic fte.

I'm sure Blanca will be along shortly.

Chris

i think the .416 has hit out further. just the cheytac's record has some contigency, special circumstance that lets them claim the record. IIRC.

just did a lil reading its best group at distance.

Last edited:
Afghanistan,2002. A three-man al-Qaeda weapons team was moving into a mountainside position when Rob Furlong, sniper of the Canadian Forces, shot and killed one carrying an RPK machine gun from an accurately measured distance of 2430 metres, nearly 2 1/2 kilometres or (2657 yd / 1.509 miles). A record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat.

The best snipers are Canadians.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back