Ultimate purpose built busa hauler

megawatt

Registered
I met a fantastick couple this weekend and wanted to share what I found to be a unique busa hauler. This is Salsa's awesome set up he made to haul a mountain carving busa that I saw it at the stampede this weekend.

First here it the bike. Extended swingarm and check out the tires. That's right, slicks on the front and rear and he uses every part of the tire. No chicken strips anywhere to be found!

mtn.jpg

190/ 60 series 17 inch rear tire for taller profile. Standard busa rear tire is 50 series.
mtn2.jpg

Bike has air bag suspension to adjust ride height depending on twisties or if hes riding two up. He rides mountains near his home and likes being able to get on the power while short wheelbase bikes fight to keep the front end down.

So guess where it is???
mtn3.jpg

Top is notched out for clearance. Just have to remove windshield and lower bike suspension.
mtn4.jpg

O yea, truck has air bag suspension too for easy loading. And there is a backup camera he installed that has a 7" color display inside the truck.
The trucks dashboard display, controls and even the horn will surprise you. I have never seen a camper truck haul a upright busa before until now. A purpose built busa hauler and a mountain carver piloted by a guy with talent. And he drags it on the 1/8 mile at about mid 6 seconds. Goes to prove you don't need to follow everyone elses idea of how to trailer a bike or ride the twisties.

I can't tell you how much I like his creation. And the truck engine sounds very nice, never did get to look under the hood.

Not a tiny guy.
mtn5.jpg

Back