ULEZ. 2003 Model exempt?

Louie7Oaks

Registered
Hi all......

I'm here as an interloper!
I currently own a 2001 Honda Blackbird, but would like to fulfill my ambition of owning a 'Busa. Needs to be soon though as I'm getting on a bit and the wrists are getting weak!
The Busa I'm looking at is a 2003 model, and the TFL site says that it won't pass the emissions test to be exempt from the £12.50 a day charge.
However........They also said the same thing about my Blackbird. But I went and got a certificate of conformity from Honda to prove that it fell within the limits ot the ULEZ. It was a pain in the arse to have to do it, but it means that I can carry on riding to work.
So, the question is, have any Hayabusa riders gone through the same process of trying to prove that their bike meets the ULEZ requirements?
It may be that the 2003 model simply doesn't! But TFL will charge anyone unless they are challenged!
Hoping for a positive answer!
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,
Louie

Hi all......

I'm here as an interloper!

Websters shows "interloper" as a person who becomes involved in a place or situation where they are not wanted or are considered not to belong.

You obviously like Hayabusas. You do in fact already belong.

It would be great if a member is your area can answer this for you, but up front, that is not me.

Just for the benefit of everyone reading your thread: My research shows that London put vehicles made after the Euro 3 start year of 2006 on the "good" list and put all those made before that date on the "bad" list without regard for vehicles that passed the emissions requirements before the standard was mandatory.

The TFL sites states that it is possible that the V5C logbook may specify the emissions output and that would be satisfactory for you to get the exemption. Have you checked that with the owner or had any success with this for other vehicles? Since the suggestion came from government I would guess that it probably never works.

Last edited:
Back